Cocked? Cocked! :):):):).

Whens a Dice Cocked?

• It's cocked if its not sitting absolutely flat on a single surface

Votes: 83 61.0%
  • It's cocked if you cannot balance a dice on top, in 10 seconds

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Its cocked if its sitting between two pages with a ridge pointing to the sky.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Clicky Click vote for me! (It must be a Romnipotent poll)

Votes: 13 9.6%

Romnipotent

First Post
Dice... our little random number proliferators. They fall, and land on many things... on many tables. On many pieces of debris.

What is cocked? how cocked does it get to be cocking if its too far cocked to count?
Tonight I kinda got livid... the dice was clearly legible, but rested on the megamat, and the base of a miniature you could slide a bic ink tube (not the pen) underneath... maybe

You COULD rest another dice on it. (Which I generally use)

So... whats cocked?

TwistedEar

First Post
Dude, it was cocked - you're still sore over this? You do realise that you couldn't have balanced a die on it - you used those silly templates you had been cutting out all night anyhow, which slipped off the moment you said "Watch this!"

Plus there's always the house-rule imp scampering around with the Verruca Gnome.

Glad to see you found your way home tonight :p

Greywarden

Explorer
The die was cocked if it was not resting flat on the rolling surface... Poll option 3 is redundant... as the die was not resting flat on the rolling surface, thus falling under Option 1. I've never heard of anyone using Option 2 before.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Ruda said:
That was a total cockage of a roll, mate. :p
Obviously the Grandma Filter was relaxed. Let's not make the mods regret the decision. :)

I voted "edge to the sky". If I can clearly tell what number is uppermost, that's fine.

Option #1 with a conditional modifier--it's only cocked if I don't also don't like the result. :p

Seriously, cocked dice are kinda like pr0n--I know it when I see it, but I've never felt the need to codify specifically how cocked it has to be to be cocked.

Romnipotent

First Post
TwistedEar said:
Dude, it was cocked - you're still sore over this? You do realise that you couldn't have balanced a die on it - you used those silly templates you had been cutting out all night anyhow, which slipped off the moment you said "Watch this!"
Nope, just an eraser... a far too big to balance on there eraser... and those templates are not silly! They are functional d20 hex rules based templates for fireball, line effects, cones, and the like. Sure they're silly in Gurps, but they cut down time for d20. (ignore the Point of Origin notation on them "P.O.O")
how about I set up a mini, an identical dice... and demonstrate that it can balance. now vote for option one TwistedEar... join your master on the dark side....

*proceeds with experiment* dammit sit on their dice... but the clearest side up was a good number :''(
Not sore... just trying to find out what most people use... sore would be leaving the game... leaving the game...

frankthedm

First Post
well this topic is on its way out.

my standing policy is to count all dice rolls, on or off the table, whenever possible. I look straight down at the die and make my decision based on what the die is trying to tell me.

So if it rests dead even between "10" and "12", the roll is an "11"

Remove ads