Cocked? Cocked! :):):):).

Whens a Dice Cocked?

• It's cocked if its not sitting absolutely flat on a single surface

Votes: 83 61.0%
  • It's cocked if you cannot balance a dice on top, in 10 seconds

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Its cocked if its sitting between two pages with a ridge pointing to the sky.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Clicky Click vote for me! (It must be a Romnipotent poll)

Votes: 13 9.6%

Mercule

Adventurer
Experience has taught me that this is one of the few areas of life where a zero-tolerance policy is acceptable. Even the truest of players tend to view any other definition of "cocked" through a rather situational lens.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Greywarden said:
The die was cocked if it was not resting flat on the rolling surface... Poll option 3 is redundant... as the die was not resting flat on the rolling surface, thus falling under Option 1. I've never heard of anyone using Option 2 before.

Option 2 is the standard method that I use in wargames. It has not come up in RPGs much, but that is how I would handle it then as well.

The Auld Grump

Hussar

Legend
Agback said:
"Polyhedra".

I thought that was just a girl hydra with parrot heads. Hrm, learn something new every day.

A character sheet is to be replaced when you can see daylight through the current HP section from the fact that the eraser has now rubbed straight through the paper. Of course, if you REALLY want everyone to believe those are only Mountain Dew stains....

Hairfoot

First Post
Agback said:
"Polyhedra".
On pronunciation, I see "cocked" is the consensus.

I know many players who go with "cocky" or ":):):):)-eyed" (undoubtedly the root term).

I guess it's in the same basket as 1-dee-6/1-die-6, or "dice" used as a singular.

Remove ads