Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Woooooow... so, what exactly do they do to try to bring this place a little more... hope? Heh heh... yes anyway, I should write that down...bah, its not THAT good..."

Eclaiyan trails off as he stares up at the emaculate building at the end of their path, seemingly forgetting his own question. He continues to follow behind Elandra, trying to stay as close to the middle of the path as possible, finding amusement in trying to do his part in keeping the line single-file.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Eluvan said:
"The people round here respect one thing: power. He sure had a lot of that, and so it didn't take him long to impose his own rule on the place."

Estariel sucks in a horrified breath.

"He even tried to take the Ministry, but even he couldn't pull that off. Oh, right, the Ministry... uhhh... that's the Celestial Ministry for the Illumination and Edification of Hopeless. That's where I'm taking you now. It's been around forever, trying to bring a little hope into Hopeless I guess. Might seem pointless to you, but we might well be all that's keeping this place from sliding into Hades."

"So you mean..." Estariel's brow furrows as he tries to wrap his mind around the foreign concept. "You mean this Emenukaris makes rules, and forces people to follow them, with no alternative?"

He makes a face like someone who's just bitten into an apple and found half a worm. "That's infringing on their personal freedom!"

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra nods gravely. "Yes, that's pretty much it. Of course, he relies on rules only as far as they'll serve him. He's no Baatezu, and he's got no grand picture of a perfect order subjected to his iron rule. Far as I can tell he's just taking power where he can find it, and if laws can be a means to that end then he's prepared to use them I guess. But denying people their personal freedom, yeah, I guess he's pretty much all about that. But..." something seems to occur to her and her voice suddenly becomes much milder, a tone of placation entering it."Oh, don't go getting ideas about getting rid of him. You wouldn't be the first, believe me, but like all the others you'd find out pretty quickly what's kept him in power here for so long. He's got backing, and he won't fall easily. The direct approach isn't going to work here, that's for sure."

As she finishes the group has reached the open doors of the Ministry, and with a friendly nod to the guards Elandra leads the way in. The interior of the place is extremely pleasant in contrast to the rest of the town, though it is clear that much effort has not gone into its appearance. The walls are bare stone, and the floor is covered only with reed matting. At regular intervals along the corridors are small alcoves in which incense is burning, filling the place with a soothing, relaxing scent. The corridors are quite busy, with a number of people coming and going around the building. Elandra leads the way to a large, airy room with a low table in the centre. A beautifully painted vase stands on it, filled with exotic and colourful blooms. There are no chairs. Elandra seats herself cross-legged on the far side of the table, and beckons the others to follow suit and take a seat at the table. "Can I get anyone a drink?" she asks with a pleasant smile.

tylermalan

First Post
"Well I don't mean to be too impatient miss, but I'm pretty sure we could use our things back before we could use a drink. That being said though, I'll take one..."

Eclaiyan plops himself down in the center of the table to Elandra's left, matter-of-factly.

Scotley

Hero
Eluvan said:
"Can I get anyone a drink?" she asks with a pleasant smile.

With a smile at Vaerhia Wyk says, "Now that's what I call hope for the hopeless." He nods to
Elandra, "Please lady, we'd love one." He settles himself with some difficulty at the low table.

JimAde

First Post
Krikit seats himself as well and says, "I'd love something cold if you've got it." He looks appreciatively around at the spartan but immaculate surroundings and says, "Thank you so much for taking the time to help us out like this. You must be very busy."

With any luck they're busy enough to need some help, he thinks. I'd much rather sleep here tonight than have to take my chances in that city.

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra nods, smiling, and walks out of the room. She returns a few moments later with a tray on which are placed a pot and a stack of cups, as well as a dark-glassed bottle and some glasses. "Tea made with Elysian Serentia leaf," she says pointing to the pot, "or... liquor," she says nodding to the bottle. "What kind of liquor I wouldn't like to guess. Been a while since anybody's been brave enough to try it," she finishes with a smile.

"As for getting your things back... that's mostly up to you I'm afraid. I can get you out of here, to Sigil, but your things... Hmmm. I'd advise leaving them behind, myself. Your lives are more important. But if there's something you simply can't leave - or you're simply pig-headed enough to want to take the risk - I'm not going to try to stop you from retrieving them."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit gratefully pours tea for himself and anyone else who indicates they'd like some. As he does this he says, "I don't know if it's pig-headedness, but some of my thing would be very handy in my efforts to eventually get home."
He sips the tea and sighs appreciatively. "This Sigil you mentioned. That's a place, I take it? A city or nation? Would they have any idea how to get me back to the mortal world?" As he speaks, it becomes obvious he's maintaining his composure only with considerable effort.

tylermalan

First Post
*Eyes Krikit to make sure he can maintain, while picking up a teacup and raising it to the pot that Krikit holds.*

"I'll let someone else brave the liquor before I take a dive... in the meantime, I'll have some tea... thank you! I would also like to reacquire my belongings if possible..."

Remove ads