Judge Election for Living Supers Game

Who should be one of the initial judges for the Living Supers Campaign

• Poll closed .

Bront

The man with the probe
We'll be voting for Judges for the new Living Superhero Campaign. Please vote for no more than 5 people. This poll will close in 10 days, and the results will be viewable then.

EDIT: If you voted for Knight Otu, you may write in a vote at any time before the end of the poll, and perhaps a day or two after. (Assuming you have voted for less than 5 times at that point)

We will be electing at least 3 judges, all elected have right to refuse election.

We will be voting for Approval Judges for both World Content Creation and Adventure. Later, judges may diverge a bit more.

FYI, Judges will be responsable initialy for:
-Character Creation (One needed initialy, perhaps two just to help for the first section. Technicaly a Character Creation Judge could be that alone)
Note: This judge may be independant of this election.

-World Content Creation/Approval (For approving the world as it is created. While they need not actualy write any material, they should have a firm grip of how new material will effect and shape the world)

-Adventure Approval (See above as a GM gets to create content, but also, Adventure proposals need not be detailed extremely, only enough in the goal, general plot, any highly specific points, and in the general rewards offered, while there will be several, approval from only a few would be needed, though a veto would probably mean something needed to be changed or considered (IE: No, you can't have an NPC blow up the sun), in many cases, you may be able to play in an adventure that was proposed assuming the proposal was vague enough not to be a spoiler, and judges will likely from time to time ignore a particular proposal so they can play in a particular game.)
Note: New adventures are proposed via e-mail, not on the board, so they are somewhat private.

-Adventure Monitoring (For some of abore, but also to help with making sure PCs are properly rewarded and don't take rewards not given to them. Also a bit of a rules judge. Not nessessarily related to any of the above, and there could be several of these. Can't play in an adventure you're judging, obviously. Need not be any other type of judge.)
Note: These judge(s) may be independant of this election.

The Pitches (if offered):
Bront said:
I"ll officialy nominate myself (Hey, I said to do it).

Why me as a judge?
Other than what I hope shows up as determination to make this happen that I have displayed already, I am a dedicated and fair poster who is willing to listen to both sides of a discussion before making a decision.

In Living EnWorld, I have become the judge in charge of monitoring the Tavern thread(s), as well as offered up several accepted proposals to enrich the world through Rules Changes, Additional world background information, and additional classes, races, and gods. Of my 6 proposals that I have authored since May, 4 have been approved fully, 1 required some slight clairification after being approved, and 1 has been approved in 2 and a half of it's 3 major points, with the third one still under some debate as to some of the specifics. In addition, I have helped with the adjustment of several other proposals that have subsiquently been approved, including one feat that I offered a rewrite to that was approved as I had rewritten it.

As a player in several games, I have helped assist other players, as well as GMs by answering rules questions, offering my assistance in character creation, background creation, and coordinating the game. While I have tried to give the GM as much leway as he needs, I have tried to jump in and help when needed, even if it is simply to offer my opinion on a situation.

Outside of PbP, I am a published RPG author (well, I helped write a few sections of an admittedly small project that was mostly someone elses, but my name is out there), and have assisted other authors in fleshing out their ideas in rules as well as flavor text (I've helped thele on these boards a few times, specificly, amonst others)

As a Judge, I would be looking for potential game balance issues of new proposals that involved the rules, and be willing to listen to both sides of a rules dispute (As well as not being afraid to ask questions about said dispute if I am unsure myself). I do research the rules myself, and while perfect, and constantly adjusting what I know and how things work as I learn more about the form and function of a rules system. As for background and flavor approvals, while I think anything that adds flavor to a game is good, looking for how appropriate it is is also important, and I am willing to take the time to work with another as to how to make it relivent as well as fun and functional. As an adventure approving judge, I have helped outline and edit several moduals in current living campaigns for Game Base 7 in addition to authoring 4 modules myself, and understand how they must fit in the continuity of the game in terms of rewards, and story.

Well, that was long, but I hope it's somewhat informitive, and I hope you feel good about voting for me as a judge. And if not, I'll still do the right thing and help out those who were voted in as a judge.

- Bront

Nuke261 said:
I am still open to helping as a judge. However, I don't think character creation should be my forte. It has been my experience that I am pretty by the book and many others like to get more creative. It does seem that most people are not interested in character creation and if this remains this way, I will help out.

I am fine with any of the other Judging areas.

I have been gaming (mostly super heroes and Star Wars) for about 20 years and am currently running a game on ENWorld, Days of Future Past, since 5/2004. I have also been in several pretty character focused games here on the boards for about 3 years.

Current Days of Future Past thread:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=148799

Bront said:
Knight Otu (Previous Judge Experience)
Note: Knight Otu vetoeds serving due to lack of experience with M&M 2.0, but I've listed him anyway.

Bront said:
Pheonix (Detailed created homebrew, good at working in other's ideas into an existing work).

Feel free to give a speach of why you should be elected here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bront

The man with the probe
Note, anyone who votes for more than 5, all votes will not be counted. I will manualy count them all after the poll closes. Feel free to vote for less than 5 if you wish.

Knight Otu

First Post
Please try again, without my name. I said before that I'm not available for it. Not just because I have no experience with M&M. I'm also having some troubles keeping up with LEW at times, and more duties are not on my wish list.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Please try again, without my name. I said before that I'm not available for it. Not just because I have no experience with M&M. I'm also having some troubles keeping up with LEW at times, and more duties are not on my wish list.
You should be able to edit out your name then.

Or had I best close and reopen the poll? I can do that too.

Super Girl

First Post
Bront said:

I had a total blond moment this morning when I was voting, I accidentally voted for 6, totally sorry about that. I guess I can't count right when I am waking up.

Bront

The man with the probe
Don't worry, one of your votees droped, so it ends up ok.

For anyone who voted, would you rather I restart this poll so you can vote again without KO, or do you care?

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
I'd do that, but I can't find an edit poll option. Besides, that may screw up the results a bit, and take away the chance to vote for someone else for those who already voted. Of course, those who already voted could also simply post a replacement.

Whatever works best for you.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
I'd do that, but I can't find an edit poll option. Besides, that may screw up the results a bit, and take away the chance to vote for someone else for those who already voted. Of course, those who already voted could also simply post a replacement.

Whatever works best for you.
I'm flexable :)

Posting a replacement is fine as well.

I tried to make the votes private till after the poll closed, but I can still see them. I wonder if that's because I made it.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
I'm flexable :)

Posting a replacement is fine as well.

I tried to make the votes private till after the poll closed, but I can still see them. I wonder if that's because I made it.
I don't think hiding the results actually works. I seem to remember that it was a problem with the Ennies judge vote.

LogicsFate

First Post
I'm not one for speeches, nor for campaining.

Even if I'm not elected to be judge, I'll still be here ready and more than willing to help where I can.

Last edited:

Remove ads