July 2006 WotC Releases--MM IV, Secrets of Xen'Drik, d20 Super Heroes

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Amazon's got 'em up. Time to start the speculating.

Monster Manual IV

Secrets of Xen'Drik

d20 Super Heroes

(The price point as compared to length and format on this one is intriguing--it's $10 cheaper than would be expected. Either they're overstating the length, understating the price, or have decided to lower their prices considering they're up against M&M.)

Novels:

Blackstaff: The Wizards (FR)

Bloodwalk: The Wizards (FR)

Death of a Darklord: The Ravenloft Covenant (RAVENLOFT)

(This is almost universally held to be the worst RAVENLOFT novel ever written. I'm guessing it's being reprinted to cash in on Laurell Hamilton's popularity, but I don't know why it's a $15 price point. If it's a near-total rewrite, I'll buy it. If not, let it rot and fester on the shelves.)

Dragons of the Dwarven Depths; The Dark Chronicles, Vol. 1 (DRAGONLANCE)

In The Claws of the Tiger: The War-Torn, Vol. 3 (EBERRON)

Starless Night: The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. VIII (FR)

Matthew L. Martin

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The MMIII "debacle" was the fact that about 75% of all the creatures in it had errors in their statblocks. Add to that poor editing, even suckier yugoloths than the MoTP ones and grossly underestimated challenge ratings (drowned a CR 8? Like hell they are)... and I can see how some might consider it a debacle. I liked it, but it could have been quite a bit better.

Demiurge out.

Kunimatyu

First Post
I'm always down for more monsters, provided they don't look *too* stupid, bring interesting gameplay dynamics to the table, and, of course, start coming out in plastic.

Psion

Adventurer
d20 Super Heroes?

Interesting.

I could only guess how it will turn out or how the market greets it/what this means for M&M. So I'll move on to the more concrete thought:

I thought "Super Hero" was Trademarked by Marvel & DC.

Yay! More Monsters! That's one kind of book I can always buy and get some use out of.

And d20 Super Heroes has my interest...I mean, sure I love M&M, but I'm always open to see a new angle on things, and I'd expect its d20 Modern based.

Remove ads