July 2006 WotC Releases--MM IV, Secrets of Xen'Drik, d20 Super Heroes

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Matthew L. Martin said:
Novels:

Death of a Darklord: The Ravenloft Covenant (RAVENLOFT)

(This is almost universally held to be the worst RAVENLOFT novel ever written. I'm guessing it's being reprinted to cash in on Laurell Hamilton's popularity, but I don't know why it's a $15 price point. If it's a near-total rewrite, I'll buy it. If not, let it rot and fester on the shelves.)

Hmm, its interesting that you'd say that. I actually like "Death of a Darklord". Of course, it was some time ago that I read it. Maybe my tastes have changed since then. I'll likely buy the update and see if I still like it.

Of course, I liked reading the D&D: The Movie novel adaptation. :p

BTW, the original novel is 313 pages, while the new version is 320.

KF72

Last edited:

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Knightfall1972 said:
Hmm, its interesting that you'd say that. I actually like "Death of a Darklord". Of course, it was some time ago that I read it. Maybe my tastes have changed since then. I'll likely buy the update and see if I still like it.

Of course, I liked reading the D&D: The Movie novel adaptation. :p

BTW, the original novel is 313 pages, while the new version is 320.

KF72

Did you count the introductory and ad pages?

All later TSR and WotC novels are some multiple of 32 pages--it's due to the requirements of the printing process. If the novel comes out short, they'll usually fill in the extra pages with ads in the back.

Matthew L. Martin

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
MM4, eh?

Sounds good.

A new Weis & Hickman Dragonlance series?

Hmmm...

I didn't really like their last trilogy, though I do love the original 6 books.

We'll see...

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Nightfall said:
So much for my hope for a "Faiths and Avatars" for Eberron. Oh well. At least Xen'drik will be useful.

That type of book really isint suitable for Eberron.

Unlike Greyhawk and FR, the Eberron deities really truly are more of an "idea" then a "fact".

They havnt walked the soil of khorvaire and they really are only legends and stories.

It really is true faith that gives power to clerics and other casters.

There simply wouldnt be ENOUGH for such a book without making up stuff that I dont feel would fit the flavor of the campagn

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So what, us divine spellcasters should just chomp our teeth and accept what few dribblets come our way? I mean what's the point in that? If Artificers, Warforged and hell Xen'drik get some love why can't clerics, paladins, druids and rangers get a little respect?

Remove ads