Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Terraism

Explorer
"Academic, actually." Laumus fingers the back of an empty chair, hesitating to draw it up and seat himself at the table. "It seems that everywhere I turn in this little hamlet - ah, in Hommlet - people are mentioning the place. And even in... even back home, that is, I'd heard bits and tales of the story. For something so far, and to lay abandoned... I'm a bit curious, I'll admit." The young man speaks with a bit of an accent, but faint, hard to place. Still, despite his nervousness, he looks Baran in the eyes while speaking.

Now you've done it, Laumus. Gone and got yourself involved with a cadre of burly men (and an elf, but, well,) who... well, the largest of the bunch seems friendly enough, at least. What is he, though? I swear, I've read naught on any gray-skinned giants that talk with men... eep! Don't stare, Laumus!

Erudite

First Post
Baran indicates the seat, which is the last available one at the table. "Please seat yourself. The Temple, what do you know of it?" he asks.

Terraism

Explorer
"Only as much," Laumus begins, pulling out the seat and angling it so that it catches heat from the fire before sitting down, "as is common knowledge. That it was the site of some battle a score or so years past, and that it has been known to house cultists on more than one occasion. I'd heard it destroyed, however, some time back, and thought no more of it... but then I find myself here, in the town built around the Temple - seems worth a bit of curiosity, at least." He pauses, and reaches up to nudge Darvus and his blasted claws away from his skin. "Besides. I don't have anywhere else to be going, for the time being."

Scotley

Hero
The big gray man offers his hand to Baran, "well met Baran, I am Eglath of the Thuliga." Turning to the older man he also extends a hand and smiles, "You are blunt spoken for a minstral, I am used to hearing a forked rather than sharp tongue from bards." He gathers his bowl and basket and carefully lowers himself into the offered seat.

Castigator

First Post
Scotley said:
Turning to the older man he also extends a hand and smiles, "You are blunt spoken for a minstral, I am used to hearing a forked rather than sharp tongue from bards." He gathers his bowl and basket and carefully lowers himself into the offered seat.

Ascalante nods in agreement, slowly straigthening his vest in an attempt to regain his dignity.
"That does sound true. I guess that's why an old Bard should stick with rymes and verses of more gifted people. But neither did I expect to being threatend and insulted as a Fool by strangers. It seems that what I lack is most of all is a warriors composure if such slights would leave a man like you unconcerned."

Watching the motley group depart towards their table, Ascalante can't help but wonder with a shrug.
"And still I cannot phantom what upset the dwarfen Priest so much about my question onto his affairs? He certainly didn't hesitate to ask Sir Elmo and the Farmer much the same, and neither felt the need to answer him with drawing steel."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath has these parting words for the bard, "oddly, people rarely offer me slights and insults since I left home." He moves on with a grin that seems to hide some inner hurt.

Dragoon

First Post
Elmo gives a steely look to the finally dressed man who has just come down the stairs and making a grand entrance. "Hail Chatrilon," Elmo says with a forced pleasent voice, "No, we were just having a discussion about sheep, nothing to concern you."

He then looks at the strangers gathered around him and arguing amongst themselves and then he speaks Rurik, " You, Priest Rurik, it appears that you and farmer Johan have caused a bit of a stir this morn, perhaps you and your outlanders would care to speak in private?"

Elmo begins to walk to the back of the common room, he yells over to the bartender who is a comley half-elven lass, "Maridosen, we going to the private dining room, see that we are not disturbed," he says with a fawning simle at the lovely barkeep.

"Johan, please join us," then looks at the party, "you're all welcome as well."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath pops a last piece of bread in his mouth and moves to the corner to gather his axe and duffle. The duffle clatters as he lifts it to his shoulder. He makes his way to the private room and joins Elmo. "Good morning sir, Eglath of the Thuliga at your service."

Erudite

First Post
Appreciating the offer from Elmo, Baran stands up. "I think, fellows" he says, "that private dining might suit the digestion well." He takes up his things, including a large, clanking sack and a back pack, and proceeds to follow Elmo into the private room. He has not missed the exchange between his erstwhile host and the arrival from upstairs.

Remove ads