Dragoon's RttToEE IC

nonamazing

Explorer
Erimel lingers for a few moments as the rest of the travellers file out of the common room. Ah, what a strange assemblage! And all gathered here by sheer happenstance? Erimel's eyes sparkle as he chuckles lightly. Or do I detect the capricious hand of the lady Destiny, twisting her subtle wiles about us?

Erimel silently cleans off his table, passing his used plates to Maridosen with a smile, then follows the others. As he enters the room, Erimel takes a moment to speak to each of the travellers in turn, walking clockwise around the table before finally taking his seat. He seems unable to speak louder than a whisper--his voice is like the soft rustling of autumn leaves.

"Far-travelled Ascalante, quick of tounge--I greet thee. May your words, at this gathering, be guided by your wisdom."

"Broad-shouldered Elgath, axebearer--I greet thee. May your strength be matched by your patience, and may you lend the power of both to this gathering."

"Wise-eyed Baran, chosen of Rao--I greet thee. May you bear the light of truth with you."

Erimel pauses slightly beside Laumus' chair, realizing that he does not know the young human's name. "Wandering seer, lizard-friend--I greet thee. May the waters of knowledge quench the thirst of your curiosity."

"Noble Rurik, armored in faith--I greet thee...again. May your steadfastness grant confidence to us all."

Having completed the traditional elven rite of gathering, Erimel takes his seat, oblivious to the confused stares of the group.

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Startled by the formal elven greeting, and having little experience with elves, Eglath is momentarily tongue tied. He recovers after a moment and goes over to the seated Elf to offer his hand, "Well met, most gracious elf."

Terraism

Explorer
Having quietly shuffled into the private room, a half-step behind his table-mates, Laumus is just beginning to again relax when he is greeted by the elf, flustering him into a stammer. Instead of a reply - or his name - he manages a friendly nod, after a moment. After everyone - even the elf - has settled in, he manages to squeak out, under his breath, "it's Laumus."

Castigator

First Post
Ascalante looks to be alot more at ease, after the kind words and praise that Erimel has offered him, even that he hardly seems to hear them conciously. Being no longer rudely excluded from companionship alone, seems to make the social old man appear at least 5 years younger.

Still, holding the travelworn bundle of private belongings and instruments in one hand, the old Bard lingers quietly at the door to the privat room, waiting for Rurik to pass by or acknowledge him.

Obviously, Ascalante feels reluctant too leave the common room or conduct business with Captain Elmo as long the dispute between the dwarfen Priest and himself is not amended.

Erudite

First Post
Baran acknowledges Erimel's words with "Mellonie anwa", or we are friends.

When he passes the bard, he mentions in a quiet voice. "This is a clean slate, singer of songs. Enter and be free of trepidation. Rurik is moved quickly to anger, but I believe him to be moved quickly to compassion as well."

Dragoon

First Post
Elmo, after everybody is seated closes the door to the private dining room.

"Well then that is better."

He then adresses the group. "Sorry for my rudeness out in the front room, Johan here dosen't know how to speak softly. I don't know what carried off his sheep, it could have been wolves. Or it could be something more sinister. As you may or may not know, this town has had its share of evil cults to deal with, namely the Cult of the Elder Elemental Eye."

"Now I am not sure if that cult has risen for a third time or not, but something strange is afoot in these lands, last fall the town militia drove off a band of hobgoblins from the north, it could be them causing trouble again. Also people of seen strange cloaked travelers passing by the outskirts of town the last couple of months, however they have caused no trouble so far. One other thing that bothers me is that man Chatliron, he has been hanging around the last month here in town, nosing around the old moathouse to east. That is why I moved this conversation to more private quarters. Honestly I am not sure what to do."

Erudite

First Post
"What possible origin and destination could these mysterious travelers have? If they were headed east, then perhaps they have in mind the moathouse, which has always been the threshold to greater evils up north." Baran appears to reflect a bit. "By any chance, these cloaks have not been ochre in color, have they? That nefarious cult favored those colors."

Castigator

First Post
Erudite said:
When he passes the bard, he mentions in a quiet voice. "This is a clean slate, singer of songs. Enter and be free of trepidation. Rurik is moved quickly to anger, but I believe him to be moved quickly to compassion as well."

The blue eyes below the old bards brushy brow narrow and momentarily flare up with some of the anger seen earlier this morning. His clenched jaw though though seems to indicate that his trying to stay calm this time.
"Swallowing my pride and trying to make peace should not by mistaken vor trepidation young Baran." he growls.

"Besides, I think that you're mistaken. It is my experience that animosity will fester like a wound untended, if not resolved. And that I fear would surely poison our the days to come." he adds, his voice turning from anger to resignation.

With a sad head-shake he watches Rurik pass by without comment.
"If you're truly his friend Baran, you should councel him, not me. Or at least tell him that I'm more than willing to admit to my mistakes if he would do alike.."

"But to be an Arbiter on this matter, Baran, I fear you lack impartiality."
With that, Ascalante slumps into one of the chairs, slowly stroking his mustache with an absentminded look.

Erudite

First Post
"Peace must first be developed within an individual. Love, compassion, and altruism are the fundamental basis for peace." Baran replies. "Perhaps you are right, Master Ascalante. I am friends with Rurik. Perhaps I meant to speak with him at a later time. In any case, I will meditate on this morning's activity. For your rebuke, I am forced to reflect on my soul, for which I thank you. I hope you will find peace in reflection as well. With the capacity for smiling, breathing, and speaking, we can make peace with others." The Raoist smiles at Ascalante.

Remove ads