Thanee

First Post
[SBLOCK=MAP.JPG]
map070103.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

Sir Dryw gets the full attention of the remaining and still able aquatic creatures. The giant frog leashes out with its tongue, which promptly wraps around the nature warrior and drags him into the huge mouth. The sahuagin, that Dryw just attacked, follows and attacks savagely, as does the mutant, who unleashes a storm of claws and teeth upon the knight. Dryw must endure a few hits and now begins to feel the strain of his own wounds. Worse, though, he is now quite restricted and his shillelagh won't be much use for him at the moment.

"Unmouth me, foul creature! Ag! Miscreants! Striking a man while he's being eaten! I shall wreak a terrible vengeance on you all!"

Sir Dryw starts foaming at the mouth, his eyes rolling wildly. He tosses his shield and shillelagh as he he roars, wolf-like fangs growing in his mouth and talons extending from his fingers. As he struggles in the giant frog's maw, it almost seems as if he is deliberately trying to wriggle deeper into the beast's body!

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Sir Dryw sheds his shillelagh and shield (free actions) and wants to pretty much voluntarily wriggle down the giant frog's throat in order to avoid sahuagin claws. I'm not sure how you'd adjudicate this. Sir Dryw had a dagger in his off-hand from before the fight started; he'll keep that. He also goes berserk (free action) and uses aspect of nature to gain natural attacks (standard action):

"The druid gains a primary bite attack (at her full base attack bonus) and two secondary claw attacks (at her base attack bonus -5 and adding only half her Strength bonus on damage rolls). The bite attack deals bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage equal to a short sword of the druid's size (1d6 for a Medium druid, or 1d4 for a Small druid), while the claws deal piercing and slashing damage equal to a dagger of the druid's size (1d4 for a Medium druid, or 1d3 for a Small druid)."

I'm not sure if aspect of nature restores hit points the way wild shape does. The text at d20 SRD doesn't say, so my guess is no. I'll leave that up to you. Sir Dryw will get 10 temporary hit points from going berserk.

Assuming he's able, he'll concentrate on a dramatic and gory exit from the giant frog next round. :)
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

Emagor, shocked by his melee success, pauses, dumbfounded and looks at the bloody blade in his hand. "Criminy! How about it, Peabody, did I make the wrong career choice?"

Thanee

First Post
Seventh Chapter - Barren River

First Combat Encounter - ROUND 5

Battle Map - Round 4

Initiative:

24 Storm
22 Eldwyn
21 Sir Dryw
19 Kordunn
06 Emagor
05 Giant Frog I, II
04 Grynth
03 Sahuagin Warrior I, IV
02 Sahuagin Mutant II

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

Sir Dryw struggles within the beast's belly. Conflicting forces clash within him: the shock of his injuries, his bolstered courage, the animalistic rage. He starts slashing and biting, almost devoid of reason but intent of ending his foe's life.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Sir Dryw's bite, claw, claw: 1d20+9=12, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=15, 1d6+4=9, 1d4+2=3, 1d4+2=6

To make that a little easier:
1. Bite hits AC 12 for 9 points.
2. First claw hits AC 22 for 3 points.
3. Second claw hits AC 15 for 6 points.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

As Peabody looks on uninterestedly, Emagor will cast Extended Unluck on the other fat amphibian creature. [not the one that has ingested Sir Dryw]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Grynth

The orc urges his mount forward while drawing a greatsword from his backpack. Then he dismounts from his horse and assesses the situation trying to gauge where he might best be needed.

OOC: Entering map at '-9, retrieving weapon while horse moves to T-9 & dismounting.
I was looking at the map from post #281 instead of that from post #285.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads