Question and Answer thread (Potentialy the FAQ thread)

This is the question and answer thread.

If you have any questions about the campaign, it's purpose, how to play, what you need to/can do, or other general questions, they can be asked here.

Idealy, questions asked in this thread will be answered, and, as needed, the answers clairified in the rules by adjusting them, or potentialy in an FAQ being created to answer common questions.

Anyone is welcome to ask questions, or even propose questions with answers as potentialy usefull for an FAQ.

Please take any general discussion or character specific questions to the General Discussion thread.

Thanks,
Living Supers Staff

Gideon

First Post
I've been working on adventure and I have all of the ideas are down on paper. For submittal do we need to include stats? I would guess the answer is yes but I rather be sure. Also, how much info needs to be included in the proposal? A writer can't, and I personally wouldn't want to, cover every charachter decision. I am guessing the second question will just be a trial and error thing until the prospective GM's and judges get on the same page.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gideon said:
I've been working on adventure and I have all of the ideas are down on paper. For submittal do we need to include stats? I would guess the answer is yes but I rather be sure. Also, how much info needs to be included in the proposal? A writer can't, and I personally wouldn't want to, cover every charachter decision. I am guessing the second question will just be a trial and error thing until the prospective GM's and judges get on the same page.
For reference, we need:
  • Target PCs (If it's aimed for a particular style or power level of PC)
  • Mission Background - Note any newly created orginizations and/or how the mission is coming/came about.
  • The Mission - The actual mission itself, and any global effects/conciquences.
  • Challenges - What challenges will the PCs face?
  • Rewards - Gear and PP likely to be awarded in the adventure.

We need basic information. For example, a good but simple mission/adventure proposal, based around the huricanes in the US.

1) Mission for any Heroes available
(Alternately, a PL requirement, or perhaps, a power requirement, like flying, or non-flyers, or whatever if you think you can get intrest)

2) Unusuall weather activity has resulted in several hurricanes and tornadoes in the Southeast US. Possable sources rumored to be anywhere from simply a natural phenominon, to a device built by the Russian Maffia, to a potential super(s).
(Basicly, some background, not all nessessarily known to the players. Flesh out a little bit any secret worldwide organizations or general effects that even non-mission takers may know about. In this case, since it's related to recient RL events, it's not as hard, though for the mission, these things might be continuing to this day)

3) Investigate the unusuall weather activity in the Southeastern US, and help aid people victemized by the weather. This is a PR trip as well as a rescue and investigation, to give the Resolutes good press.
(Basicly, the goal(s) of the mission. What is hoped to be accomplished, or perhaps what they might encounter along the way)

4) Search and Rescue, Investigation, Diplomatic skills, problem solving, and potentialy some combat.
(Fairly generic, though make sure that the heroes available can actualy overcome these tasks. 6 tanks in a diplomatic and investigation mission won't work well)

5) 5-15 PP is most likely, as well as some good face time for the team and the individuals, potentialy giving them a bigger reputation.
(Doesn't need to be exact, but a ballpark figure of what is to be gained by the PCs)

That's a simple proposal with enough detail to probably run, though judges might actualy want to know the cause, or your ideas of what the potential cause might be. Basicly, if a judge needs more info, they'll ask for it.

Hope that helps.

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
5) 5-15 PP is most likely, as well as some good face time for the team and the individuals, potentialy giving them a bigger reputation.
(Doesn't need to be exact, but a ballpark figure of what is to be gained by the PCs)

That bring me a question: What is the average award a mission should have? Personnally, I would expect a character raise of PL every years or two years, which mean if you do 2 mission a year (Rate at which my LEW character have adventures), it would be around 5 PP per mission. Not 15 PP...

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
That bring me a question: What is the average award a mission should have? Personnally, I would expect a character raise of PL every years or two years, which mean if you do 2 mission a year (Rate at which my LEW character have adventures), it would be around 5 PP per mission. Not 15 PP...
Depends on how long the mission is, which is not always simply in how long it takes in real time. Some adventures roll along faster due to increased poster rate, or just a sharp party. Not exactly knowing how fast is too fast or not fast enough, we'll probably have to wing it, but I think expecting about a PP per month of real time for an adventure is not too out of line as a guide.

I think this is something we can fine tune with experience.

D20Dazza

Explorer
I've moved this from my PC reserved slot in the RG to here to avoid anyone answering over there

BTW - is there a conversion document available for MnM 1E? I've ony got first ed.

Cheers

Daz

Bront

The man with the probe
Great link on the guide. Granted, it will probably take a lot of fiat to to anyway, but that gives a good starting point.

Bront

The man with the probe
If someone doesn't do it first, I will later today. Got errands to run, but have a clear evening tonight and tomorow.

Remove ads