Elysium Squad IC

engrishonly

First Post
Eva is deep in thought, considering what lies on the path ahead. Speaking to no one in particular, "On the one hand, gnolls belong under the ground, and we might do well to avoid them, and accomplish Pelor's mission on the other side... on the other hand, the gnolls are evil, and perhaps it is Pelor's will that we fight them here. Perhaps the gnolls have gone against Pelor's will... and must be punished."

Then she kneels in prayer, laying the spear down and holding her wooden holy symbol in her right hand as she contemplates the mysteries of Pelor's divine will.

Eluvan

First Post
"The gnolls have already attacked," Cassient says in answer to Eva's pondering. "I believe the choice might well have been decided for us... I don't think we're going to be able to proceed without coming into further conflict with them sooner or later. So whether it's auspicious or not to do battle with them here - we may well have to."

Fenris

Adventurer
engrishonly said:
Eva is deep in thought, considering what lies on the path ahead. Speaking to no one in particular, "On the one hand, gnolls belong under the ground, and we might do well to avoid them, and accomplish Pelor's mission on the other side... on the other hand, the gnolls are evil, and perhaps it is Pelor's will that we fight them here. Perhaps the gnolls have gone against Pelor's will... and must be punished."

Then she kneels in prayer, laying the spear down and holding her wooden holy symbol in her right hand as she contemplates the mysteries of Pelor's divine will.

Yavarin turns to Eva says, "Gnolls do not belong underground. Whether they are evil or not they stand in our way"

Then to the group. "The gnolls are here, they hinder our progress. Let us clear the tunnel that it may that much safer should we need to return by this path. I think we need to lay an ambush, this tunnel in fact if Shorttooth doesn't mind. Lure them back here and set upon them. We can surprise them from here and have good defensive options."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Shorttooth closes his hand over the left-over grubs and smiles. "I do not mind at all. I do not claim this tunnel. If you all are done with me, I'll continue on to the east before the fighting begins. I've got myself enough here for at least an hours walk."

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Ray stays silent. Unsure if laying in wait it truely the right thing to do, but knowing they will likely oppose the group in their duty.

Then, an idea strikes "Perhaps I can lure them, or find a way to pass them if need be. I am not one to be laying in wait."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Excellent, I had wanted you and I to do this, but did not want to speak for you Brother Ray. What do the rest of you say?"

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient nods firmly. "I agree, that sounds like our best option to me. I'll wait here until you can lure the gnolls back to us."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As Ray and Yavarin head out from the rest of the party, Shortooth also heads in the opposite direction, planning on heading East and away from Quelhalost.

Yavarin, Ray:
Ray and Yavarin head down the tunnel for another 40 feet or so before seeing another light pulse like the last one. This one shimmers for less than the last one, but it apears to be from a farther spot down the tunnel. Ray is unable to evade the strike. The light glistens brioghtly as it comes toward Ray and explodes as it strikes Ray in the chest.

Yavarin:
[Sblock]Yavarin notices during this attack that the attacking light has a long, narrow shape - like a javelin or a large arrow. Yavarin is able to notice this because he is to the side as the light approaches and strikes Ray.[/Sblock]

Ray:
[Sblock]Ray takes 6 damage[/Sblock]

Eva, Cassient, Kiera, Geeo:
From down the tunnel another glisten of light shines for an instant. Suddenly, it explodes about 40 feet further down the tunnel than the party's curent position. It appears that another strike has occurred as the explosion of light clearly outlines a figure. It is unclear whether Yavarin or Ray was struck, however.

Remove ads