Elysium Squad IC

engrishonly

First Post
Eva recoils in horror at the mere thought of eating a grub, and she makes no attempt to hide the look of disgust on her face. After watching the Elf and the badger eat the slimy bugs, Eva is suddenly disinterested in keeping an eye on the fur-covered monster.

She turns to watch for signs of danger from the main tunnel, but the somewhat disappointed look on her face and her more relaxed stance seems to hint that she's not certain that there's anything of real danger ahead of her at the moment.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The badger smiles - in an odd badger-like way - and says to Eva and Cassient as they decline to accept, "Eh. More for me and my new grub-eating friend here."

He continues his story, "That ... witch ... merely calls herself Mayhem. Real creative name, huh? She lives in the woods with a few cohorts like myself. She spends a lot of her time making bonds with creatures and other people that like animals as much as she does. The animals she gets close to, well, she does what she did to me on them. Most of them have been tainted by her sick and polluted scheming to have the animals rise up and overthrow the races like you all. Most of them are just evil in their hearts. But I escaped before she could corrupt me. And to think ... I ate squirrel right out of her hand! I thought she was my friend. But she is a corruptor of worlds!"

His body language attunes itself to his empassioned speech, much more than one would originally think possible - well, if one ever thought a talking badger was possible.

The badger continues with a sniff in the air. "The ones you seek - gnolls, by their smell - are no more than 120 feet down the tunnel. But you might want to hurry, by their smell they just started to move away from us. It's grown more faint in the past few seconds."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Eva, WAIT!, Thanks much Shorttooth, which woods is mayhem found in, the one on the western side or the eastern side of the mountain? OK, lets form up ranks again before we head out. They're going to be moving faster than us no matter what so let's take a moment." says Yavarin

engrishonly

First Post
After hearing that there may indeed be some evil-do'ers ahead, Eva's countenance brightens considerably.

"Gnolls hiding under a hill are only an obstacle... the mission compels me to find this Mayhem and end her corruption. Caves and dark places are suitable places for gnolls to hide, and for Pelor's chosen people to stay away from... but liberating the forest from the grip of Evil? Surely this is one of Pelor's tasks that we must accomplish!"

The bright look of fiery zeal on her young face reflects a new level of energy and drive within her slight form. Though she has no particular feeling about the gnolls ahead, Eva will smash through them like a run-away wagon if only to find Mayhem faster.

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient smiles and nods with gratitude to Shorttooth. "Thank you friend, truly. In such a place like this, any kindness is at a premium. We must hurry after these gnolls, but I won't forget your hospitality."

He grimaces slightly as he turns and realises that his summoning magic has waned and the bee is no longer present on this plane. Dismissing the minor inconvenience - Shorttooth's information was, after all, well worth the delay - he addresses Yavarin. "They are faster than us you say? That will be problematic. They could presumably keep up hit-and-run tactics for quite some time without us ever being able to bring any force to bear."

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"Unless we draw them into an ambush or at least get them to engage us. I mean we could try moving faster, at least as fast as our armored member will allow, but that may be unwise in the dark tunnels."

Eluvan

First Post
"Indeed," Cassient ponders, his head cocked slightly as he thinks. "It seems we must draw them to us, rather than trying to chase after them."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Shorttooth grins. "West side, sir. I am fleeing to the East where she cannot find me until her power grows. It seems like I flee while you all charge into her darkness."

Kiera:
[Sblock]Barring an immediate charge, Kiera realizes that like Cassient's spell her Bless spell will also wear off before the gnolls could be reached - and that's assuming the gnolls do not flee some more.[/Sblock]

Eva:
[Sblock]From behind Eva's ear as if upon her shoulder a small voice only she can hear speaks.

"Remember child, Mayhem is but one enemy in a dark land. She is but part of the goal - but certainly a goal in her own right."[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Ray kneels down to the badger and smiles. "Thank you very much for you kind offer Shorttooth, but I must decline. I have what I need and would not deprive you of your meal."

"Some of us should be able to keep up with them if need be, but are they running? or mearly heading the other way?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Shorttooth plucks another grub out of his palm as Brother Ray reminds him of his dinner."They do not move quickly, or we might even hear them. The smell like they move slowly. Not wanting to leave this area behind completely."

Remove ads