Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 2, Flight

Krug

Newshound
Raging, Starhl charges at the nearest foe, swinging his blade again. "Die you scum!

Go into rage
HP: 23/31
Attack bonus: +2 BAB +6 Str + 1 using weapon 2-handed + any additional bonus Bjorn's faith might have = +9 + ?
Damage bonus: 2d6 +9 Str (2H) - 19-20/x2 Crit

Last edited:

Hrothgar

First Post
The female wolf on the hill hurtles through the melee, launching herself onto the back of the worg mauling Valurel. Her teeth sink deep into its back, red blood staining her gray snout. Valurel continues to claw at the beast, great gashes opening on the head and shoulders of the massive wolf. Still caught in the beast's powerful jaws, Valurel is shaken violently. OOC: Valurel takes 7 points of damage.

Herger covers the distance between the woods and worg standing over the elfling Morn quickly, a juggernaut of flesh and bone. Blood sprays and ribs crack as Herger's massive battleaxe slams into the worg. Its howls of pain are ended quickly as Bjorn's Faith nearly severs its head from its muscular body.

OOC: I think Valurel is in the negatives as far as hit points are concerned, but I'm not positive. In the latest Hrothgar post (#32), he took 7 points of damage. In the previous Hrothgar post (#28), he took 6 points of damage. In the Hrothgar post before that (#23), in the paragraph describing Valurel's combat with Worg and Goblin, it says at the end of that paragraph that Morn took 7 points of damage. I'm fairly certain that was a typo and that Valurel actually took that damage. If all of the above is correct, Valurel has taken 20 points of damage and is at -4, unconcious and dying. Is this correct, Hrothgar?

Krug

Newshound
Hrothgar said:
Herger covers the distance between the woods and worg standing over the elfling Morn quickly, a juggernaut of flesh and bone. Blood sprays and ribs crack as Herger's massive battleaxe slams into the worg. Its howls of pain are ended quickly as Bjorn's Faith nearly severs its head from its muscular body.

Question: Is Bjorn's Faith a battleaxe or greatsword? And now Herger has it? :)

Hrothgar

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
OOC: I think Valurel is in the negatives as far as hit points are concerned, but I'm not positive. In the latest Hrothgar post (#32), he took 7 points of damage. In the previous Hrothgar post (#28), he took 6 points of damage. In the Hrothgar post before that (#23), in the paragraph describing Valurel's combat with Worg and Goblin, it says at the end of that paragraph that Morn took 7 points of damage. I'm fairly certain that was a typo and that Valurel actually took that damage. If all of the above is correct, Valurel has taken 20 points of damage and is at -4, unconcious and dying. Is this correct, Hrothgar?

OOC: The error is my fault. In post #23, it was Valurel that took that damage, so yes, Valurel has taken 20 points of damage. Sorry for the confusion.

Starhl, the first attack was from Herger. The second attack that severed the worg's head was from Bjorn's Faith, a greatsword, in Starhl's hand. Since Starhl Raged, I assume he took a move action and attacked the nearest worg.

Sheez. Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to make this so confusing. :eek:

Krug

Newshound
Starhl continues his assault on the foes. "Come now! Feel my wrath!"

HP: 23/31
Attack bonus: +2 BAB +6 Str + 1 using weapon 2-handed + any additional bonus Bjorn's faith might have = +9 + ?
Damage bonus: 2d6 +9 Str (2H) - 19-20/x2 Crit

maddmic

Explorer
Herger will move to the next closest foe. Hefting the large axe above his head, be brings it crashing down onto one of the shadow's minions.

OOC:
If he can charge, he will again. Otherwise, take the extra +2 out of his weapon line.

Weapon: Large Greataxe +9 to hit (+7, +2 for charging) 3d6+6 damage x3 crit

elapse

First Post
End Over End

Reznik
The rogue continues to shadow Starhl, using the large Dorn as a human shield so he can more easily maneuver through the melee.

Seeing Morn in the worg's jaws, but not wanting to be in the creatures mouth himself, Reznik lets fly his dagger at the beast. Hopeing the creature will drop Morn if his blade flies true.

OOC:
Thrown Dagger = BAB +1, Dex +4, Total = +5, Dmg 1d4+3(Str), Range Inc 10'

Having been savaged by the worg, Valurel slides into unconciousness. His life's blood feeds the soil and the swordgrass, but unconciousness seemingly does nothing to ease the pain of his wounds. Initially upon falling unconcious, he sees the onslaught brought on by the worgs and their goblin riders. Two goblins killed quickly by first his arrow and then his claws. Then the chaos of battle. A worg's jaws clamping shut over his body. Violent shaking and unbelieveable pain. Then darkness but still somehow pain, both mental and physical. Thoughts of Aislinn and Kaela, and what atrocities might await them at the hands of the Shadow's minions. And then his dead wife, Ceranae, and the darkness is replaced by blinding light. I'll be joining you soon...

Hrothgar

First Post
Herger turns from his fallen foe, raises his battleaxe once more, and brings it down just shy of the worg standing over Valurel, wet dirt and grass spraying in a wide arc. With a cry of rage, Starhl sinks Bjorn's Faith deep into the worg's side, the massive wolf howling in pain. On its back, the female wolf continues to tear with its powerful jaws, the coarse hair of the worg matted red. Staggering, it attempts to shake off the wolf, leaps past Starhl in a bid for freedom, but is dropped by Reznik's thrown dagger. With a thud, the massive beast collapses. The battle howls echo across the misty plains for a few moments before fading. The only sounds are the heavy breathing of the heroes and the moans of pain of a downed goblin rider.

Aislinn grips Kaela fiercely, tears running down her cheeks. Kaela! Where is Reznik? Starhl? Valurel! Are they alright? Are they hurt? The young woman crawls on all fours, her hands extending in sweeps to find any that are hurt as her dead white eyes stare blankly. Nearby, Fallax sits up, wipes the hair out of his eyes and despairs. Worg scouts! Caught in the open! They won't be the only ones and their shadow masters will expect their return ere long! We are lost! Looking up, Fallax's delirious gaze falls on Herger and his massive battleaxe. Eek! A..a...giant! A Shadow minion! The old man madly scrabbles backward on his hands and feet, his eyes wide with fear.

With slight growl in her chest and staring out of the corner of her magnificent gray eyes at the Heroes, the female wolf leaves the dead worg. Returning to her dead mate and pups on the hillside, she sits on her haunches and watches the Heroes intently.

OOC: Couldn't make the post last night so I was forced to do it before work began today. Had to use online dice rollers - not quite as satisfying as rolling the dice myself at night! :p

Last edited:

Remove ads