Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs

Bibliophile

First Post
Dartan, the Big Sink, Cell #1

Taking notice of the commotion, Dartan turns his eyes towards the stormdrain to see the rat and newcomer. Dartan turns towards Tish with a whisper,

Is he one of yours? (in Druidic)

OOC: Darkvision, Listen +8, Spot +8

Borson

First Post
Tyson - Big Sink

Tyson acknowledges something is going on, he chooses to try and ignore the commotion with any physical response, but listens to try and hear what is happening as best he can.

JonnyFive

First Post
Malaci - The Big Stink

Hearing the others speaking in odd languages, Malaci attempts to look around the cell. Hey, what’s going on? he says in a wisper to the others after he realizes that it is too dark for him to see.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
iannja, female elf traveller

Iannja - The Big Sink

At Malaci's whispered question, Iannja shrugs and shakes her head slightly.

"But if you hear me curse, avert or cover your eyes for a moment," she whispers back to those listening.

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, Cellblock #1

The raspy voice continues, audible from the pair of eyes gazing down, through the stormdrain. "Lliend Caplin," he murmurs in Trenchtown's urban drawl, now, "feller's got blue eyes, brown hair, little scar above 'is eye." Some shifting can be heard from the stormdrain, leather scraping against the cobbles as this elf attempts to get a better look in the thin slit of vision the stormdrain provides. The rat squeaks as in his frusturation the pet is jammed aside.

Then, in the halting cadences of Druidic: "Two of ya down there, eh? Name's Grater, out here to pop a lad named Caplin, freed a lot of us floppy-ears. S'pose it's the Railroad's way 'a thankin' 'im. Any-road, there's two 'a our lot down there, and I've got just enough puissence for two springs. So as long as ya swear to make a lot of ruckus so I can spring this Caplin feller if I come across him, I'll have ya out in half a jiff."

Suddenly, the rat emits a shrill squeak as hands glimpsed by the inch through the stormdrain wrap around it, its black, oily fur churning in intricate ways. The man, clasping the rodent, makes small coughing noises near the back of his throat -- the air suddenly becomes dry, as if its essence had been robbed.

A slight hiss comes from the stone floor beneath the door. A cloud of loose dirt bursts upward through the minute cracks between stone blocks. With a slight yawn, the floor just beneath the door caves inward and downward, leaving a haphazard crumble of fine dirt and collapsed mortar. Wavering gas-lantern light spills from beneath the door.

"Enjoy," the man rasps, before, by the sound of it, he runs off into Trenchtown's night.

prisonmeta4ba.jpg

OOC: So, basically, there's a space beneath the still shut and locked cell door that you can crawl out of into the hallway beyond. :D D -- Dartan, I -- Iannja, J -- Josh, L -- Lliend, M -- Makh, Ma -- Malaci, O -- Orb, T -- Tish, and Ty -- Tyson.

Becca Bot

First Post
In Druidic, Tish calls out to Grater, "No! Wait! Lliend is..." Looking back at Lliend's catatonic state, Tish goes quiet for a moment. Then again, in the same druidic tongue she looks to Dartan, "Guess that answers your questions." Grabbing one of Lliend's arms, Tish hefts it over her shoulders, and motios to someone to help her carry him, speaking now in the common tongue. "'Fraid to say, he's getting a piggy back.

Let's go."
She begins to approach the door and then hesitates, using a warning voice-- "Thaumaturges." Saying no more, Tish scoots awkwardly towards the new gap, lets Lliend down gently a few feet back from where she's going, and leans her face inwards and listening hard and peering cautiously.

OOC: Listen +5, Spot +5, Move Silently +2

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb looks to Tish and Iannja "Take me with you, please. I'm lost in this city, and would like to help with the Railroad if I can."

Bibliophile

First Post
Dartan, Big Sink, Cell #1

Dartan turns away from the grating towards Malaci and the others.

With a whisper, he explains the situation for those who didn't follow the druidic,

It seems we just had a visit, and a bit of a gift, from a friend of our fellow Caplin there.

Dartan pauses for a moment and gestures at the human.

In any case, as wonderful as imprisonment here is compared to uncivilized lands, I am aiming at getting out of here. Gifts are meant to be taken, after all.

Now, it looks like Tish is thinking the same thing as well.

Do any of the rest of you object to leaving?

Dartan pauses for a moment, glancing back towards the hole under the doorway.

Actually, I have a better question. Do any of you think you can scout ahead without being caught by the patrols?

Oh, and if any of you want to be staying here, I am positive you will not mind me knocking you out. Just to make sure that no warning gets out. I hope you understand it is nothing personal.

JonnyFive

First Post
Malaci - The Big Stink

I want to leave here.... but i'm not a very um.... sneaky, i guess Malaci wispers also i can't see a thing, so um yea..... sorry

Remove ads