Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs

jkason

First Post
Josh Mornston, human bard - The Big Sink, corridor

Josh holds his arms out wide as if to embrace the pistol-bearing guard, his face all smiles as he falls into character, focusing power through his words:

"What luck to find such a wondeful and sure friend here in such a dank setting. It's been too long, too long by half. How have we lost touch?"

As Josh waits for the magic to settle in, he gives Orb a telling look as he adds, "Why, i was just telling Orb here how many friends she and I might make if we just put our minds to it ... "

OOC: Casting Charm Person on the Guard. DC 14 Will save to negate. Lasts 2 hours if it takes.

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb steps forward to an open space.

Once she can see the guards, she will smile at one of the Thaumaturgists and say "I don't think you realy want to hurt us."

OOC: Casting Charm Person on the Thaumaturgist. DC 14 Will save to negate. Lasts 2 hours if it takes. (yeah, I know, real origional)

Last edited:

Bibliophile

First Post
Dartan, In the Hallway of the Big Sink, With the Guards

Damn.

Four of them. Directly ahead.

I can not manage a thing in these infernal cells. And they are not stopping our escape.

Dartan stands there in the corridor, appearing to size up the guards as they do the same. As he stands there, his breathing quickens, and his senses slowly start to fade. Anyone looking sees Dartan sway slightly and his eyes close for a moment.

Then he is there.

With a yell, no, a roar, Dartan charges down the corridor at the closest Thaumaturge. Dartan's hands claw through the air before they latch onto his target, trying to beat the mage into unconsciousness.

Dartan's mind finds itself in the land of his dreams once again.

Only one thought runs through his mind as his hands come up towards the mage.

Prey.

OOC: Rage (+4 Str/Con, +2 Will saves, -2 AC). Charge (-2 additional AC for the next round, +2 to attack). Grapple +7 (+3 normal, +2 increased str from rage, +2 from charge); 1d3+4 nonlethal damage, 20x2. AC next round: 6, AC until end of rage: 8.

edit- if Orb succesfully Charms a thaumaturge, Dartan goes for an uncharmed one

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Makh watches Josh and Orb approach while apparently greeting the guards as friends, 'What the frell!' and shakes his head wondering just what they were up to, and hoping that whatever gods look down on them now, did so kindly. The bugbear griped his makeshift club in both hands and moved towards the attackers as the dwarf roar and charges forward and comments, in a sarcastic manner "Try and make some more noise would ya man, a few more of these patrols on us would be great fun."

ooc: Really until certain actions come into play it is hard to act. But here's a go at it. Move (assuming North is the top of the map) east 10ft... diagonal for a 5ft... and then south 10ft (should be along the wall and diagonally NE from the Guard) If he is still hostile on his turn (which means he's not charmed) Makh whacks the the hell out of him... club +2 melee (1d6+3 x2). If he's our new best bud, then continue south for another 5ft which puts Makh NE of T2... and whack the heck out him instead of the Guard... club +2 melee (he's flatfootted so no dex :D ) 1d6+3+1d6 (sneak attack dmg). AC is 13 until I move at which point I'm up to 17.

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, corridor to cellblock #1

With Josh's words the dry trill of thaumaturgy fleets through the corridor. The air feels dry, static, dangerous, just for a split-second and then the magics have worked. Dim-yellow light flickers off the pistol-wielding prison-guard's face as his mouth raises into a small smile of its own accord, and his small, brown eyes glaze into compliance. He shuffles over to Josh, yawning slightly, and gives Josh 'o the Mornin' a hearty, leathery handshake -- a heliograph opportunity if there ever was one.

Meanwhile, Orb presses through the other prisoners, her hair trailing behind her like some protein war-banner. She speaks, like Josh, intoning just the right cadences to manipulate thaumaturgons into their proper places, and once again the air does trill with thaumaturgic static. But down the corridor the young, blonde thaumaturge merely grits his teeth and sheds the spell like water. A few crackles of surplus thaumurgons slide and spark along the small coil of wire at his side.

The thaumaturgic stillness of the air is broken as Dartan gives a gutteral roar, his hands twisting into gnarled claws as he runs at a mage. The dwarf's hair bristles as his legs churn and boil to bring him screaming at his prey. But, to his shegrin, the older thaumaturge has his fist at the ready, jabbing it into Dartan's eye just as the dwarf reaches the man. Even now the broken blood vessels around it are beginning to form a formidable black eye.

The older and gray mage smiles, only a little.

His partner to the right, a weathered black haired man, then begins to make small coughing noises and pull at strings of air suddenly thick with puissence. Dartan dimly realizes what is occuring in his adrenaline-soaked state, but the open-handed swipe comes too late -- the thaumaturgy is done. A net of fat, sticky threads belches from around the black haired mage's navel to stick fast to Dartan, the net itself feeling cold, and slimy, quickly going from pure white to a dusty yellow in the filthy confines of the corridor.

Lliend remains slumped against the wall near Tish, where she let him down when trouble seemed to rear its head. Makh, however, is on the move. The big bugbear skirts around the other prisoners to come running at the blonde thaumaturge, the lantern light glinting off the glass panes of Makh's lantern cum bludgeon. Unfortunately, Makh loses his footing near the boy and the lantern swings wide to bounce off the stone wall, shattering a few panes of the glass within.

Back with Josh, the pistoleer laughs, the sound ringing through the halls as Dartan's roar did. "Oh me," the guard says through breath made thin with laughter, "them boys are sure playin' rough!"

prisonmeta6vr.jpg

OOC: INITATIVE -- Josh, Orb, Guard, Dartan, Thaumaturge, Lliend, Makh, Iannja*, Thaumaturge 2, Malaci, Tish, Tyson, Thaumaturge 3.

The * denotes whose turn it is, and I just assumed that Lliend would still be unconcious for simplicity. :D Iannja yer up!

doghead

thotd
Iannja, female elf

Iannja - Getting out of the Big Sink

Iannja opens her mouth to speak but is beaten to it by the spells and attacks of others. Iannja holds her spell until she can see who best to use it on.

ooc: Ready Flare, cast it on the first thaumaturge to attack. Apologies for the delay, been a bit snoowed under of late.

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Orb - Round 2]If there is still a guard next to her, she will take a step back. (5')

She will Inspire courage (+1 Attack, Damge, Save vs Charm & Fear to allies)

IC Text: Orb's voice finds life in a song sung pure and true, the music coming alive and echoing though the immediate area as she sings in a rythmicly beautiful language. Her words flow through her companions, invigorating them, and filling them with strength and confidence.

OOC Note: Many of Orbs more enchanting songs are sung in Sylvan and have names. Her inspire courage song is what she calls the Song of the Sun. Just a little extra flavor :)[/sblock]

JonnyFive

First Post
Malaci - the big stink, jail break

Hearing the guards and seeing Tish put down Lliend Visibly Frightens Malaci. Oh man....I shoulda just stayed in my cell Malaci creeps forward a bit, but again upon seeing the guards is visibly shaken. Grabbing Lliend, he hastily makes towards the cell he was originally in

[Sblock=ooc] Malaci will move for9ward grab Lliend and then back away from where the guards are [/sblock]

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, corridor to cellblock #1

Iannja quickly murmurs a few words of power, and a small, white burst of luminesence begins from between her fingertips. With a small grunt of exertion she quickly pinches it between two fingers, compacting it into a tiny, hard bead of thaumaturgons vibrating softly in her hand. Yet, her time to use the spell comes almost immediately. Ahead, the blonde thamaturge begins churning out syllables. Iaanja lets the bead fly, to burst in the mage's face as he steps backward.

But he is unfazed.

As his incantation finishes, a quick discoloration of air catches Makh in the chest, shoving the air out of his lungs. The big bugbear coughs for a few moments.

Meanwhile, Malaci grabs hold of Lliend's arms and drags him along the dusty floor toward cellblock #1. North, further down the corridor, other sounds of battle ring out -- screams, and steel and iron.

prisonmeta1qp.jpg

OOC: INITATIVE -- Josh, Orb, Guard, Dartan, Thaumaturge, Lliend, Makh, Iannja, Thaumaturge 2, Malaci, Tish*, Tyson, Thaumaturge 3. Makh takes three points of lethal damage from the spell. Lliend can wake up whenever Kiku wants him to. Tish is up!

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish - The Big Sink, Jail Break

Seeing Mahk's definate peril, Tish catches up to the group, and then making her mark lifts her arms forwards. She begins to weave her hands and long fingertips in and out as if playing an invisible harp, spinning a spell in the common tongue: "I will not allow one casuality, one fall, or any left behind. Free yourself from pain -- feel relief, Mahk."

And with that, the new mark on the bugbear's chest seals up somewhat, as blue-hued winds rush past his fur.

[sblock=OOC]:"Cure Light Wounds" on Mahk. (1d8 + 2)

I just made Dave roll, and he got a 5+2, so he says Mahk is healed for 7 whenever he posts next. Makes no sense to me, but hey, you're healed buddy. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads