Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs

Becca Bot

First Post
JonnyFive said:
Slowly, Malaci scuffles over to Lliend hey Lliend... it me Malaci... its gonna be ok.. he says in a whisper that is more to assure himself than Lliend. Tish... I’m not very good in a fight... but I’ll do what I can... again the quaver in his voice shows anyone who cares that he is truly afraid

Tish says in a quieter voice now, "If we can help it, we won't fight, Malaci. I just want you to help me carry Lliend. But I'm not leaving this place without my things, so if you feel like running away, that's fine by me. Just remember, we're power in numbers. I've got your back." She awkwardly pats Malaci's shoulder, while propping up Lliend. Saying such bold, brave words, Tish suddenly looks a bit braver, as if influenced by Malaci's cowardice. "And I know I'm not the only one with, you know, -clothing- they want back." Tish gazes at Iannja, knowingly. "We all step outside in these uniforms--" She pauses for emphasis, pinching the front of the uniform she and the rest of the inmates have been issued. "--and we're put right back in here. But we elves -- we step outside, with these ears? -- and we're dead." Tish smiles sadly. "Of course, you're not obligated to help us. I just know that Lliend would blame himself for the rest of his life, so I aim to take care of myself from now on."

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, Cellblock #1 and beyond

Makh is the first through the jagged gap in what was once worked stone, his thick fur making a soft scraping noise against the bottom of the iron door -- the linen clothing provided by the prison catching, and ripping slightly down the back. As he looks ahead, he sees a long, grubby hallway sparely lit with sickly yellow gas lanterns along the wall. The hall extends slightly beyond Makh's perternatural sight, but given the lighting it is clear to see that at the end is a choice: either left, or right.

Thum-- Makh's heart skips a beat. At the end of the hall a guard walks past the opening, a man, middle-aged and portly with greased back black hair. He is dressed in a smartly cut dark blue uniform, trimmed in black, and Makh can hear the gentle pats of him slapping a fat flintlock against his hand.

The guard passes on, oblivious.

The bugbear turns, and wrapping his massive paws around one of the gas lanterns he slowly wrenches it out of the wall, the flame quickly sputtering out and leaving only a small, hissing pipe. He hefts it. Behind, in the cell, eight other prisoners await the score.

prisonmeta4lu.jpg

OOC: Makh's got what is essentially a metal club (use stats for a club). Make sure to note that and add it to your weight (which is basically nothing since the clothing you're issued is too sparse to qualify as even peasant's clothing). Basically, just at the end of the map above the hall stops, and opens into another going perpendicular to it. Also that guard totally rolled a 1 on his Spot check so not only was he oblivious, he probably had his thumb right up his ass. :D

Songdragon

Explorer
Makh, The Big Sink, the corridor

Watches the guard pass and after he does without incident he gives a sigh of relief, Now only if I could get my hands on one of them pistols.'

As he rips the bar from the wall and the gas hisses out he thinks a moment and then shrugs to himself. Makh then hefts the makshift club for balance and nods to himself, "This will do just fine.'

He then looks to the hole under the door, 'C'mon... we don't all have the evening to waste away.' he thinks to himself in an impatient fashion. Once about half the group is out he motions to whomever is next in line from him that he's moving, and then starts down the corridor, his large form (and his rather large butt hanging out of the now ripped clothing :eek: ), seeming more dextrous then one might assume of a person his size, and then melts into the shadows. The bugbear heads toward the "T" intercection. Once there he quickly looks one way and then other to check for more guards and try to tell what lays beyond.

ooc: Darkvision, Move Silently +12, Hide +8, Spot +6, Listen +6.

KikuNoMaru

First Post
Liend Caplin - Big Sink

For a time, Lliend sat in the corner of the cell while the muted whispers of the other prisoners buzzed near his ears, like a bunch of small Barberfiles. I could have done more. He once more tells himself. The laughing begins quietly, almost a whisper. As it rises in volume inside his head, Liend struggles to mute it - to think of anything but the laughter. GO AWAY! He shouts to the bodyless voice that taunts him with its cackling. Don't laugh at me! I did what is right! He shouts in fear. The voice takes on a face now - an elf, and though it laughs, its visage is contorted in pain and sadness, and tears flow down its pale and lifeless face. It haunts him, begging for help - "Why didn't you help me?" it says.

Liend does the only thing that he can to get away, and much like the other times, the last thing he sees before everything fades to black is A noose decend around the neck of the elf, but the face is no longer the elves - its his own.

OOC:

Liend has sorta knocked himself out to escape his inner demons, hence the catatonic state. I assume that when he gets into the hallway, and at an inconvenient time, he will wake up in a sobbing (loudly?) mess and shirk away from anybody near him (fearing that its the elf that haunts him).

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Josh Mornston, human bard - The Big Sink, exiting Cellblock #1

Once the bugbear has silently signalled the all clear, Josh helps Tish and Malaci get Liend through the opening. Once that's done, he makes sure to give Orb a reassuring smile before himself slipping under and into the hallway, where he does his best to stay both alert and silent, letting the scout do his job.

OOC: Spot +0, Listen +2, Move Silently +4, Hide +5

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish, female druid elf - The Big Sink, Corridor

Tish follows suit, unusually silent.

OOC: Listen +5, Spot +5, Move Silently +2

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb Kaftan - Human Bard - The Big Sink

Orb follows Josh down the path silently.

OOC: Hide/Move Silent +2, Spot +0, Listen +4

Bibliophile

First Post
Dartan Kelrof, The Big Sink, Leaving Room #1

Dartan stands back from the hole, waiting for the rest of the group to crawl out.

Almost out of here.

Before he leaves the cell, Dartan invokes the Physician, calling upon Him for His insight. Moments later, Dartan leaves the cell to join the group, scaning the area around him with newly empowered senses for any hint of magical auras that might betray the location of his heirlooms.

Where are they?

OOC: Daran casts Detect Magic (duration 2 minutes, range 60ft cone), and as he enters and walks down the corridor, he scans around, hoping to glean some sense of the magical auras of his heirlooms through the walls.

Listen/Spot +8, Move Silently +0

Last edited:

Borson

First Post
Tyson - leaving cell #1, Big Sink

He follows the others through the hole under the door, not paying attention to what "marching" order, but just getting out of the cell is the main thing on his mind.

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, Corridor leading to cellblock #1

The scene is very quiet save for breathing and the few other noises made.

INT. FIXED-- The camera focuses on MAKH as the bugbear creeps down the grubby, dimly-lit corridor, fur bristling in concenration. MAKH holds the torn off gas lantern aloft: black iron and filthy, greasy glass. It is weighty, however, and does its job. Over MAKH's shoulder the others can be seen helping each other under the door. The bugbear glances back and forth carefully.

INT. HANDHELD-- Looking on unsteadily, as if a hand-held, the camera cuts to TISH, JOSH, and MALACI straining to get LLIEND beneath the pitch black iron door. All three are silent and breathing in measured strokes. The camera pans up and to the right slightly to reveal DARTAN murmuring to himself a moment, moving his fingers as if thread were wound between. Catching a bit of the yellowish gaslight, DARTAN's eyes shimmer as if glazed. The magics detect no ambiant thaumaturgical fields, unfortunately.

INT. TRACKING-- Cut to the camera tracking along with four human guards, mounted just behind them, just above their waists, with the four arranged to the right of the frame. All four carry wicked black truncheons, but from one's hand dangles a huge, darkwood and iron flintlock. The other three have various copper-clad wires intertwined between their fingers, linked to spools of wire and various electric oddiments hooked onto their belts. All wear crip, well-cut dark blue uniforms with black leather belts and boots.

INT. FIXED-- The camera cuts to reveal the prisoners piled up at the mouth of the corridor to cellblock #1, looking left/north. JOSH turns to the right/south, and clears his throat slightly at the group of four guards who have stopped. The other prisoners turn to see them.

INT. FIXED-- The camera cuts to show the four guards pursing their mouths, the armed one slowly reaching for his pistol. A thaumaturge murmurs: "Looks like a break."

prisonmeta1ec.jpg

OOC: The T's are for thaumaturges, and the G is for the guard with the pistol. I went ahead and put you guys in initative order -- Josh, Orb, Guard, Dartan, Thaumaturge, Lliend, Makh, Iannja, Thaumaturge 2, Malaci, Tish, Tyson, Thaumaturge 3. Try and post in initative order for combats and stuff. :D Dartan, keep me posted on how long yer Detect Magic has been going on. I'll try and keep up on it too.

Last edited:

Remove ads