Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation

silentspace

First Post
Majakilar takes the pouch will wade his way out of the water. "By the gods, its good to get out of that water!"

He shakes himself off best he can, smiling to himself. "This adventuring stuff is pretty fun! Dangerous and scary, but it sure beats working for the mine overseers! Nothing beats the freedom of going your own way, and the company of good friends."

"So, what now? Should we take on the beetles?"

ooc: added misc party loot at the end of my character sheet here

Mista Collins

First Post
"How does everyone feel. We have been working fairly hard exploring down here?" Owen says once they are out of the water. "Besides being wet, I am ready to continue on. We should go and see what the red lantern will do."

Azten

First Post
With a final muttered prayer to Moradin for the souls of the departed, Azten begins ridding himself of as much of the stagnant water as possible.
Hearing Owen mention the red lantern, Azten confesses to being rather curious about it's function as well.

After drying yourselves off a bit at the top of the stairs, you make your way back towards the collapsed entrance.

Arriving at the first intersection you peak around the left corner to find that the beetles are still quite busy collecting and eating the orange paste spilling out over the stone basin in that room. There must be thousands of the tiny acid beetles scurrying about, creating a strange keening noise which echoes off the walls. The single giant beetle moves among its smaller bretheren (children?). None of them seem interested in or even aware of you at the moment.

To the right is a room of identical shape to the one on the left, except that instead of a basin on the far wall, it contains eight man-sized stone slabs reaching about four feet off the ground. They are all empty except for one which contains an armored corpse of some kind. A red statue stands upon a small stage on the far side of the room, holding up a large club. That is all the detail you can make out at this distance.

(Standing at the intersection, you are about 15 ft. from the entrances to each of the rooms.)

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

“Take on the beetles. Right. Any other great ideas like that?” Alexi frowns, these monster beetles were way too scary to take on.

“We should rather see, that we don't get too close to them. Gladly they seem to be busy for now, so they do not think about eating us again!”

When they enter the next room, Alexi asks: “Sleeping room or crypt, what do you think?”

Voadam

Legend
Gregor nods in agreement with Alexi, "You are right, we don't want to stir up a hornets nest for no good reason so we stay away from the bugs. Let's start with the sleeping room."

silentspace

First Post
"Well, let's see if we can get out of this place then, as there's nowhere else to explore without any beetles. Any idea if the elevator is still working?"

ooc: there's a beetle in each room, see the ooc thread :)

Azten

First Post
I would guess that whatever the original purpose of this room might have been, it has become a crypt.

And after the Ghouls, I am not sure I want to wake the sleeper if it is just sleeping...

With that, Azten takes a step towards the wrecked elevator, then turns to see if anyone is following him.

Remove ads