Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation

The child's snickering and giggling seems to be coming from the corridor with the blue lantern. As you listen more closely you realize that it seems to be coming towards you. This is no echo or trick of the wind. This definitely sounds like the voice of a child, although it is strangely distorted, as if you were hearing it through a thick, woolen blanket.

At first you wonder if the child may be somehow hiding in the shadows. As it gets closer, however, you realize that the source of the laughing is invisible. it makes its way through the group, passing each of you in turn. Everyone feels a deathly-cold breeze touch their cheek as it passes and finally seems to come to rest in the middle of the group.

The giggling stops and instead you hear a boy's voice speak, "You all are too funny, I must say. You must be from a travelling group of minstrels!"

Last edited:

Azten

First Post
When the manifestation passes him by and he feels the chill, Azten unconciously reaches for his holy hammer. When he hears the disembodied voice he asks Who are you?

Voadam

Legend
Gregor feels the hair on the nape of his neck and even on his forearms raise as the chill passes by him. For now he just listens, a bit unnerved by the situation.

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

“Close enough,” Alexi says, trying to sound funny and not as anxious as she actually feels. “Do you live here?”

Thanee said:
“Close enough,” Alexi says, trying to sound funny and not as anxious as she actually feels. “Do you live here?”
The voice continues becoming more petulant. "Oh, I don't live at all anymore. It is so boooring here! Do something funny again like you did with the bugs!"

"Why can't you do something funny?" he wines.

Azten, jeremy_dnd:[sblock]OOC: Both of you make successful Knowledge (religion) checks. I know it's obvious to the two of you, but you realize that this is a ghost, or similar incorporeal apparition.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

“Oh,” Alexi says, being a little surprised, even though it should have been somewhat obvious, that a boy would not survive down here all alone. And invisible boys weren't overly common either.

“Funny... sure... I guess... we will do some fun stuff again... Hey, have you seen everything down here already? Or is there something you havn't been to yet?”

The voice continues with a great sense of self-importance. "Oh, I have seen many things, many, many, many things in here. Things that no one else has ever, ever seen. But they are boring, boring, boring. Just like you are right now."

His manner suddenly changes, turning mischievously playful, "Hey, let's play a game, how about tag?" Without warning a translucent hand the size of a child's with long fingernails appears out of nowhere and smacks Alexi in the forehead. The hand instantly disappears and you all feel a great rushing of cold air as the voice of the young boy heads off down the corridor with the blue lantern, cackling to himself.

Azten

First Post
I am not sure that there is wisdom in playing children's games with ghosts, but it may be wise to not anger it. After all, it could have attacked us at any time, and has not so far.

Besides, being unsure just what 'tag' is, Azten looks around a bit confusedly and wonders 'if we do play, are we all supposed to hit Alexi on the head and run? Crazy human games.'

Last edited:

Remove ads