M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Knight Otu

First Post
orsal said:
"We were fighting an illusionist."
Ashnar sighs, appearing relieved, his eyes still closed. "Of course. It had to be. But I had to know. Thank you, Nurlan." He seems to think a bit "It could not have been cheap. The man I trusted it to might ahve already given it to you, but I had a cache of money that I couldn't find the time to take along. I sold the right to copy another custom spell from my spellbook to a number of wizards, not the one I used in the lair, though."

As Tenebrynn mentions the possibility to learn the spell that slayed him, Ashnar finally opens his eyes. They had been green before his death, but now they have turned ash-gray. "Friend Tenebrynn, I suspect it was some kind of illusion magic. I cannot learn that kind of magic, nor would I if I could."

Manzanita

First Post
Wimpell Frump has been quite talkative with Rinaldo. It seems it has been months since he's had a pleasent conversation. He approaches Ashnar at his return. "Sorry about killing you, old chap. Just doing my job. Perhaps you'd like to copy some spells from my spellbook. I hear you're quite a wizard."

None of my business, perhaps, but...[sblock]...was the group planning to make Ashnar's raising a group expense? It seems to me that Ashnar's death was essentially random. If he hadn't been targetted by that spell, someone else would have been. To lose several thousand XPs is a hard blow, but having to shell out 5400 gps of your own money on top of that seems to add insult to injury.

Also, I thought Tenebrynn was going to take the Learner PrC. Of course, he'd make a great Eldrich Knight as well...

Also, Nakuru'Sai, please make a post for Mordik ASAP. If you don't post before the next major plot twist, I'll assume Mordik stayed in Three Rings when returning to get Ashnar raised.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
"Rinaldo, I am glad to see that you are well." Ashnar greets the merchant, less enthusiastically than he used to do before his death. He then turn to Frump "So you killed me? Just don't do it again. As you are an illusionist, I am uncertain how useful your spellbook would be for me. These arcane matrices are unusable to me."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I think for now, it will be more at his expense, but once we will have a loot at the height of teh expense, he will have the chance to be reimbursed. As you said, it was pretty much random. The ring is already 3000gp worth if sold by Rinaldo, it could be part of the money for Ashnar, and it might protect it from a futur Phantasmal Killer ;) [/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos is relieved to witness Ashnar's restraint upon meeting his murderer, unsure of how he himself would respond in such a situation.

When Rinaldo is finished welcoming the wizard back, Eanos presents him with his Acrobat's Rod again.

"Safe as promised," he says as he returns the magical item. "Now we just need to make sure we all come through this next confrontation similarly intact."

OOC: Eanos is approved for 4th level, so once Ogrin and Razh are approved, I believe we're ready to move on down the tunnel.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 4

Razh looks relieved to see Ashnar back. "Good t'see ye walkin', mate. Ah's a bit worried there fer a bit. Thought... ye know, thought ye might not've been comin' back." The way Rasereit's eyes drop to the side betray his own fears of death, especially its potential permanence. "Anyway, good t'have ye back. Ye know Ah'd love t'help pay fer the magic costs, but..." He smiles sheepishly. "Ah don' got much t'give, if ye catch me drift."

OOC: Razh is updated, approved, and ready to go. 51 HPs and 18 AC now, Manzanita, in case you need that info for easy access.

Velmont

First Post
"Don't bother with the cost of the spell, Razh, neither you, Ashnar. You'll have your money back. It could have been me who got killed, or any of us, Frump just randomly cast the spell. Once Causticus have been catch, we'll be back the spell to you. I think the item we found, if I sell it to some contact, will reimburse the cost of teh spell itself. Now, let's finish that work."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I got a question Rinaldo should have asked to Frump during the time they waited. How much time the spells are extended when cast on the Throne. If it is significantly higher, I think Rinaldo will have asked Frump to memorize a few spell that could be cast now on some people before going.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
"True, that was an illusion spell. I have an inventory of this Frump's spell book. We should take advantage of it if possible. [sblock=Spells]lvl0: all except schools of abjuration and evocation
lvl1: unseen servent, color spray, mage armor, shield, change self
lvl2: knock, invisibility, whispering wind, summon monster II, darkvision, detect thougths
lvl 3: hold person, displacement, major image, keen edge, water breathing
lvl 4: Fear, phantasmal killer, confusion[/sblock]
You mention another spell you created, how fascinating, I'd pay to learn any new spells you've created. " says Tenebrynn before they return.

~~~

Once back Tenebrynn joins the conversation about cost. "Indeed, the cost of the spell will come from what ever we make on this endeavor. Are we ready to continue then? Frump, what have you memorized today?"

Tenebrynn was going to take the Learner, till I realized how bad it would be with an 8 charisma.

Manzanita

First Post
"The throne only extends the duration of my spells if I am sitting on it when I cast the spell. As for todays spells, I just took my normal stuff. Why? Are you going to make me go with you to pursue Causticus? I'm an old man, you see. This adventuring business isn't my thing. I don't really know what you have against the man. I don't like him, either, but I don't want to go down that corridor. He's got lots of goblins working for him, and he's got lots of cash. Why don't you let me go free? I promise I won't bother you anymore." Frump pleads.

Knight Otu

First Post
(The past)
"You mention another spell you created, how fascinating, I'd pay to learn any new spells you've created. " says Tenebrynn before they return.
"That can be arranged, under a condition or two."

(The present)
Ashnar listens up as the throne's abilities are mentioned. A throne that can extend spells. That could prove useful, assuming it doesn't apply just to illusion spells... and if it can be removed from this room at all.
"This throne... it interweaves only with illusion matrices?" he asks frowning.

Remove ads