M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
"I wonder where we are now. We have travel a lot, we might even have left the jungle. I don't know who build that, but he had to be very willing to do such a long tunnel... I suspect the one who build it used magic, most likely if it is the dragon who was supposed to live here so long ago." says Rinaldo while walking. As the team stops. "Yes, we can take some rest. Two guards per watch seems fine. Eanos, you take the first with Tenebrynn. I'll take the second with Razh. Ogrin and Mordik third. Ashnar and Nurlan last. Like that, all the spellcaster will have a complete rest."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Fine organization as always, Rinaldo" Ashnar says, after having kept out of most discussions, except for noting that the old man has a point regarding splitting the loot - and that the same applies to Nurlan's counterpoint. While travelling through the tunnel, he tends to keep a hand at his silver dagger, too casual to draw it quickly, but noticeable.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Nakurusai is inactive since June 16th. I dunnot why, but we never told he was left behind for that... or did I miss a post?[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Tunnel is about 10 feet wide.

I didn't make a decision to drop Mordik yet. But if he doesn't post by the next major enounter, then I'll assume he stayed behind in Three Rings. I'll let you guys know when/if I drop him. Otherwise, assume he's here. NakuruSai, please go ahead & post as soon as you read this.

Manzanita

First Post
The night passes uneventfully, although the party notes to their sorrow, that not only does Wimpell Frump snore, he also talks in his sleep. He seems to have bad dreams about gnolls, goblins, dragons, and winning gamblers.

Knight Otu

First Post
During his watch with Nurlan, Ashnar idly plays with his dagger, but stays concentrated on "his" side of the tunnel. "It feels strange," he says at one time, "hollow. Something is missing from inside me. Knowledge I gained out from the library, while you were recruiting. Scores of pages, now empty in my memory."

NakuruSai

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I apologize for the infrequency in my posting, guys. My car broke down, I've lost a sister to surgery complications, a good friend at his own hand, and the woman who raised me is in critical condition with her heart. So....needless to say, I've had a lotta stuff on my mind lately. I don't believe I'm going to be able to continue at this time. I apologize that I didn't say something sooner, but life kept throwing me curveballs. Manzanita - play this as you like, perhaps Mordik had some stuff come up in the RDI he had to take care of, or he forgot something he had to go back and needs to leave at this juncture. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Nakurusai] :( Whoa! You seems you can't have a break lately... I wish you to see the misforturne around you end and things go back to normal, as far as they can come back to normal.[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
NakuruSai, thanks for the notice. A shame about your hard times. I hope you get a chance to update Mordik's CS with his latest XP before you take some time off. In my experience hard times may take us away from these boards temporarily, but in the long run they remind us why we're here in the first place. It's the escapism! Hope to see you around here again sooner than later. We'll assume Mordik stayed in Three Rings for whatever reason (stomach flu?) when the party returned to get Ashnar raised. He could find his way back to the RDI in Orussus anytime.

The 7 heros and the old man continue on in what you imagine is morning. Without the sun, its hard to say just what time it is. After traveling for another 4 hours or so in the dark, fetid tunnel, you begin to detect a fresh breeze. Soon you can identify the salty sent of the sea. Within another hour, the party has emerged from the tunnel onto a grassy slope, overlooking the wide sea. Leafy branches have been stacked over the tunnel entrance, but are easy to move aside. Several small rocky islands are visible at various distances. Taking a minute to orient yourselves, you decide the ocean is to your West and North. Towards the south, the land slopes up, slowly at first over a broad field, then more sharply to a high volcanic cone, flat on top. Humanoid figures are scattered over the fields, which appear to be farms. They are too far away to identify. To the East is a close ridge with scattered trees and boulders. A well-trodden path heads East into the trees. The ground seems to fall sharply to the West. Beyond that ridge, it either slopes down towards the ocean or falls off sharply.

Remove ads