M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Why? Are you going to make me go with you to pursue Causticus? I'm an old man, you see. This adventuring business isn't my thing. I don't really know what you have against the man. I don't like him, either, but I don't want to go down that corridor. He's got lots of goblins working for him, and he's got lots of cash. Why don't you let me go free? I promise I won't bother you anymore." Frump pleads.

Nurlan looks him in the eyes. "You killed one of our party, and it cost a pretty penny to bring him back. You injured several more of us, and your little pet back there destroyed some of our valuables. Yet you have said you don't want us to turn you over to the courts of Monemvassia for judgement. So tell me now, what have you done to earn our mercy?"

Velmont

First Post
"Nurlan's is right. If you want to have your mercy, you'll need to prove you were force to do what you've done and you want to pay back your debt to this country. For now, there is nothing that you've done that would gives us a reason to let you escape the justice of Monemvassia. You are an old man... you wield magic of enough power to kill man. Generally, with age comes wisdom. I've enver seen an old man as someone incompetent and useless, and I don't think of that from you either. He might have a lot of goblin, but you'll have us, and we will have you. Put one of these mind clouding spell that confuse a group on the goblin and we will be able to take care of them easily. Cast an invisibility spell and Ogrin will be able to sneak up to Cauticus and stab him... I think you remember what he did to you. Cast that spell that make you appear where you are not, and Razh will be able to clean the body guard of Causticus, taking only minor wounds. Your magic will be an edge against the Viscount. Come with us, and we will reconsider to not gives you to the authority. This is not without danger, I conceed you, but I think it is better than for you to meet the authorities of Monemvassia." tell Rinaldo to Frump.

Manzanita

First Post
Wimpell Frump

"So you are making me go along with you to fight Causticus." He shakes his head and sighs. "Oh well. If you do that, at least I deserve an equal share of whatever treasure you get. And let me travel near the rear of the party. And someone needs to carry some food for me. I can't carry a heavy backpack very far. As for the throne. Yes, it only extends illusion spells."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"So you are making me go along with you to fight Causticus." He shakes his head and sighs. "Oh well. If you do that, at least I deserve an equal share of whatever treasure you get. And let me travel near the rear of the party. And someone needs to carry some food for me. I can't carry a heavy backpack very far. As for the throne. Yes, it only extends illusion spells."

"No, you misunderstand me. Your reward for helping us defeat Causticus is to be spared the justice of the courts of Monemvassia. That should be enough for you. Or would you prefer to take your chance at persuading the courts that you were justified in killing an agent of the crown yesterday while in the service of a sworn enemy of the state?

"Of course, if you want an equal share of the spoils... that would sound fair to me. Provided that you also pay the full cost of bringing back my friend Ashnar from the dead. Is that agreeable to you? I think the cost of raising a man from the dead, while a steep fine, is still far more merciful than you would be due when judged by the Royal Courts."

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn is having difficulty with the current trend the discussion is taking. Rather than raising his concerns he will keep a watchful eye on Frump. The spells that man has at his disposal could easily tip the tide against the party were he to switch sides and join Causticus again. Especially in the middle of combat.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos, too, stays silent, knowing Rinaldo's and Nurlan's negotiating skills far exceed his own. He cracks his knuckles absentmindedly as the old man begins to list the accomodations he requires, but otherwise simply observes.

Manzanita

First Post
"Very well." says Frump, clearly upset about the arrangement. "Don't have much choice but to come with you, do I?"

There is plenty of food for the party if they're ready to venture down the tunnel. It is completely dark, rough cut about 10 feet wide, and stinky. There are no obvious dangers though.

orsal

LEW Judge
"Very well," said Nurlan. "I'm glad we have an understanding." Before they head down the corridor, he starts singing a verse of an old ditty, at the end of which he does another of his mystical incantations. Casting charm person on Frump, just to make sure. The ditty is to make the spell seem less incongruous, in the hope that if Frump is unaffected he doesn't recognize it as a spell.

Manzanita

First Post
Frump seems unaffected by Nurlan's spell.

It seems the party is ready to proceed. The tunnel is long, and the dwarves can tell it descends, heading West, towards the sea. The party ends up traveling all day, traversing about 15 miles. Frump complains about blisters on his feat, and his sore back, but as long as he doesn't have to carry any weight, he manages to trudge along fast enough not to slow the party down much. The party carries torches to light their way. The air is fetid and everyone feels a bit sick. He has to stop frequently to pee and seems afflicted by diarrhea. Frump clearly enjoys conversing with the more intellectual party members. He is knowledable about the planes, and certain aspects of history and geography.

Any comments about the trip? Special preparations for traveling or resting for the night?

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

When it becomes obvious they'll not be meeting up with Causticus this day, Eanos looks both ahead and behind them in the tunnel before speaking softly.

"I haven't the gift of darkvision, but if Razh would be kind enough to loan me his everburning torch, my senses should be keen enough to take a watch. I've no real preference for which shift, but should we watch in pairs, one in front, one behind? Causticus seems to have a love of secret doors; I'd hate to focus on the way we're going only to discover we missed a hidden entrance somewhere behind us and face an ambush from that direction."

[sblock=OOC]My apologies if I missed it, but how wide is the tunnel?[/sblock]

Remove ads