M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

rln

Explorer
Blades, ready, Ogrin takes a step closer to Causticus, over the corpse that just dropped from tenebrynns Magic Missile. He goes for the goblin straight ahead first (the one closest to the pier). His first blade cut through the goblins armour, killing it. He follows up with the other blade cutting down the goblin to his left.

In goblin: "Do not force us to kill you! Help us against the viscount, and you'll live! Otherwise, we will slay you like rats!"

Ogrin has his back towards his friend the dwarf, and does not see the dire straits his friend is in. Even so, there's little he could do.

Rolls: First sword hits AC 17, damage 6; second sword hits AC 15, damage 5. Not adjusted for possible bard songs - as usual :) I'm assuming a 17 hit with 6 damage takes care of it, as a single magic missile took care of the previous one.

OOC: Uh-oh. I'm rooting for you, Rae.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, seeing an open spot in the boat, jump on it. "Eanos, help Razh." He then swing at the goblin next to Ogrin.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attack with Expertise at +3/-3, giving me an AC of 18. Miss probably teh goblin with a 12. I woudl have done 6 point of damage.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 2/51)

[sblock=OOC: ]Good lord, how does poor Razh always lose all those hit points? I guess I overestimate his ability to withstand damage. Oh, and in this particular case I thought he had 35 HP, but I was sorely mistaken.

Clearly the boat is moving away, thanks to Causticus. How fast? Something like 5' move speed or 30' ? If it's the latter, Razh should probably bolt. But that would definitely provoke an AoO, something that he may not be able to withstand. But it's better getting hit just one more time than getting pummeled every round.

Anyway, how fast the ship is moving away should make my decision far easier.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Velmont said:
Rinaldo, seeing an open spot in the boat, jump on it. "Eanos, help Razh." He then swing at the goblin next to Ogrin.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attack with Expertise at +3/-3, giving me an AC of 18. Miss probably teh goblin with a 12. I woudl have done 6 point of damage.[/SBLOCK]

Eanos nods to Rinaldo's order, sprinting back the way he came. As he does so, he calls to the charmed hobgoblins (while pointing in the direction of the bard), "Your friend Nurlan says he'd see it as a personal favor if you helped subdue the ogre attacking his dwarven compatriot."

He doesn't have time to see if they take the bait, though, instead trying to slip under the ogre's reach and pummel him as quickly and powerfully as he knows how.

[sblock=OOC]25' move straight back the way he came, then I believe Eanos has to either make a Tumble check or face an AoO to close with the Ogre.

Tumble = 11 (ugh)

If he manages to avoid an AoO (or survive the hit), he flurries the ogre, applying Blow of Steel:

Attack 1: 20, damage 4+3= 7
Attack 2: 16, damage 3 +6 = 9

I'm a little unclear on whether I can use BoS for both attacks, but I figured you could subtract the second use if you decide no. Stunning Fist explicitly says you can only try to stun once a round. BoS uses your Stunning Fist count, but has no such explicit restriction. Since I'm burning uses, not actually making a stun attack, I'm not sure if the restriction carries over.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
jkason said:
I'm a little unclear on whether I can use BoS for both attacks, but I figured you could subtract the second use if you decide no. Stunning Fist explicitly says you can only try to stun once a round. BoS uses your Stunning Fist count, but has no such explicit restriction. Since I'm burning uses, not actually making a stun attack, I'm not sure if the restriction carries over.

Isn't flurry of blow a full attack, and as you have just move before, you can only strike once. (That would solve the problem of using it twice... anyway, you can use stunning fist only once per round, so I think it should be the same for BoS. It would also mena your to hit is a bit higher, as you don't have the penalty to attack.)[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Ooc

[sblock=OOC] *smacks head*. Sorry. I'm an idiot. Yeah, Eanos can only make a single attack, so the first rolls are the only relevant ones (adding 2 for being non-flurry, that brings the attack roll to 22).[/sblock]

Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]

Isn't flurry of blow a full attack, and as you have just move before, you can only strike once. (That would solve the problem of using it twice... anyway, you can use stunning fist only once per round, so I think it should be the same for BoS. It would also mena your to hit is a bit higher, as you don't have the penalty to attack.)[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Whoops! Despite repeated reminders, I hadn't updated my spreadsheet w/Razh's 4th level HP total. His HPs increased from 36 to 51, eh?, so his current HPs are 17 not 2. Update to come shortly. The boat is moving slowly at this point; it's about 5 feet from the pier.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Here the jump check... I did it easily. Standing long jump of 5 feet: DC:10. Rolled 18, beat by 5, so Rinaldo land on my feet.[/SBLOCK]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan, realizing that he is the closest to their quarry, thinks about slashing away at the intervening goblin to get a direct hit on Causticus. But, realizing that his friends can easily overpower the goblins and join the front lines, he decides to take a pause, so that they can all fight more effectively. He begins a rousing chorus of The Ode to the Brave. Everyone gets +1 to attack and damage rolls. Inspire Courage as a Su effect allows no attacks of opportunity.

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/3+1/2+1): 0 - acid splash, detect magic*, flare*|x3; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x13*|
Ashnar mentally recounts which spells he can use without his component pouch. Flare, my sparkstrike, cause fear, scorching ray. Technically also acid splash and detect magic, but those'll be rather of low use.[/sblock]
Though he fears that he might regret it, Ashnar fires his last scorching ray at Causticus as well.

Remove ads