M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 12/59)

The red-haired dwarf seems unfazed by the ogre's vicious club to the head. His body looks as though it can take little more, but Razh's actions say otherwise. He stabs, feints, slashes, and dodges, using his speed and his dwarven training to dodge the ogre's clumsy swings while slipping his blades (1d20+5=9; 1d20+5=20, 1d8+5=9) in and out of giantflesh. He has failed to score any bad wounds so far, but the ogre is wearing down.

[sblock=OOC: ]I mislabeled the IC roll, it says Round 2 but it's for Round 3.

Rage round 2/8.

Current Stats:
HP: 12/59
AC: 14 (+3 DEX, +3 Studded leather, -2 Rage)
AC vs. Ogre: 18
Grapple: +9
Attacks:
- Longsword x2 Atk +5/+5 (BAB +4, STR +5, TWF -4), dmg 1d8+5/1d8+5
- Longsword x1 Atk +9 (BAB +4, STR +5), dmg 1d8+5
- Javelin (thrown) Atk +7 (BAB +4, DEX +3), dmg 1d6+5[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 (revised)
Nurlan decides not to sing, but instead stabs the Viscount. (9 pts)

Round 3:
Rinaldo pauses a bit. (see map. There are still 2 goblins (& Nurlan) between Ogrin/Rinaldo & the Viscount. He decides to attack a goblin, but misses.

Causticus tries the same move on Nurlan again. His aim is similarly effective, and his double handed swing inflicts a deep sword wound in the bard, who drops to the deck. (Looks like a killer, I'm afraid, as I have Nurlan's HPs at 5. Perhaps it would be worth going back & rechecking that. It's a bloody weekend in LEW - check out Clash of Earth & Sea.)

The goblins on the boat attempt to drive off Ogrin. The boat is 10 foot wide, so two can stand shoulder to shoulder against him. They continue to be ineffective against him.

The Northern hobgoblin ignores the ogre battle and runs up the pier. (He doesn't open himself to an AoO from Razh, b/c the dwarf is facing the other direction, right?) He then attempts to jump onto the boat. He lands behind Nurlan, but falls prone.

The other hobgoblin swings his sword at Razh. The blade bites deep. It comes near the heart, but fortunately doesn't cut that way. (reduces Razh to 4)

Ashnar dashes back towards the ogre and sends visions of hostile dragons dancing in his head. The ogre is frightened. Razh then hits it with one blade. Eanos is unable to damage the beast to finish it off. It is clearly badly wounded at this point.

On the boat, Ogrin drops one more goblin, and wounds the other. Hogarth manages to climb onto the boat behind Causticus.

The ogre withdraws, fleeing in terror towards the goblinoid rabble, which parts before the ogre like the Red Sea before Moses.

Tenebrynn still to act in Round 3, and Rinaldo is up in round 4. The boat continues to drift.

Attachments

• Island.JPG
    Island.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 66

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Manzanita said:
The Northern hobgoblin ignores the ogre battle and runs up the pier. (He doesn't open himself to an AoO from Razh, b/c the dwarf is facing the other direction, right?) He then attempts to jump onto the boat. He lands behind Nurlan, but falls prone.

Razh have one[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo attack the wounded goblin if he is next to him, or an undamaged one if the wounded one is too far, before tring to move foward. (Att:18; dam:6)

He will try to stay next to the hobgoblin, as he should have an AoO if he stand up.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 4/59)

OOC: AoO are based on threatened squares, not the direction the character is facing. So Razh gets an AoO on the goblin.

As his fated enemy runs away, Razh roars in frustration. It's incredibly difficult for the raging dwarf to tear himself away from the ogre, but the foolish hobgoblin trying to sneak by him sufficiently catches his attention. Without even looking at the unfortunate creature, Razh's right longsword whips out to his side and pierces (1d20+9=22, 1d8+5=8) the goblin's feeble rib cage.

He spins around, still filled with rage, looking for a new target. The nearby boat is filled with combatants now, though the deck is littered with green mottled corpses. One figure stands out like a wolf among sheep though, the man clad in black and red, the one who has caused Razh and so many others all this pain. Seething silently, Razh quickly sheathes his right longsword. He runs toward the boat, drawing his one javelin as he moves.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I think there is still an hobgoblin next to Razh, and I don't think he want an AoO from teh hobgoblin.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 4/59)

As his fated enemy runs away, Razh roars in frustration. It's incredibly difficult for the raging dwarf to tear himself away from the ogre, but the foolish hobgoblin trying to sneak by him sufficiently catches his attention. Without even looking at the unfortunate creature, Razh's right longsword whips out to his side and pierces (1d20+9=22, 1d8+5=8) the goblin's feeble rib cage. Were he thinking clearly, Razh might spare the "friendly" goblin, but in his current state that is not an option.

Still facing forward, Razh ignores the retreating ogre and snarls at the third dock guard. A little slobber flies from the rabid dwarf's mouth and splatters unpleasantly in the face of the little goblin. Without warning his left longsword shoots (1d20+5=19, 1d8+5=11) forward into the monster. The force of the blow lifts the goblin into the air, still attached to Rasereit's sword. The raging dwarf's other arm jerks, slipping his sword out of the first hobgoblin. Then Razh whips in a horizontal arc and cleaves (1d20+5=22, 1d8+5=13) the goblin's head clean off. With a violent shake, Razh dislodges the headless body from his weapon and spins around, itching for more.

Looking at the deck of the boat, Razh just catches Nurlan collapsing to the ground as Causticus deals him a deadly blow. "Nurlan!" Razh shouts, a tiny bit of consciousness yanking the name from his brain and projecting it futiley toward his dying friend. A brief thought flashes through his head, Causticus will die by my blades for his crimes, before he falls even deeper into his terrible rage.

[sblock=OOC: ]Ugh, I screwed up the IC roll again. There are eight rolls there instead of 4, I just used the first 4.

I'm sorry Nurlan. We'll win this battle and bring you back.

And about the hobgoblin, I thought the one moving toward the boat was the mean one and the other one was the nice one. Oh well, now they're both dead. Why couldn't I get these rolls when I was fighting the ogre?

Rage round 3/8[/sblock]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Ogrin slowly but steadily continues to cut a path towards Causticus, cutting down the wounded goblin before him. He's pained to see Nurlan fall before he could get through to help him, and glances towards the pier to see his friends there are safe for the moment. He decides the best thing he can do is to clear the ship so they can pick up their friends which likely will have to swim for it once the horde rallies. He takes a five foot step forward and stabs the prone hobgoblin in the side, wounding it.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rolls are 17 for 4 damage against the wounded goblin, and 15 for 4 damage against the prone (-4 AC) hobgoblin. Should the Hobgoblin decide to stand up, he'll be attacked with 19 for 6 damage.

Attack rolls
Attack of Opportunity (use first two)

Note: After this round, Ogrin will make full use of his combat expertise and move 3 from his attack rolls to his AC, hoping to avoid Causticus' swinging blade. This means he'll have two attacks at 1d20+1 (or one at 1d20+3), Damage 1d4+2, and AC 19 (+2 armor, +3 dec, +1 size, +3 combat expertise).[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Nurlans HP]Full HP (27) after coming to the island and getting out of the caves
5 damage by a bugbear hit
17 damage by causticus first strike
16 damage by his second
equals 38 damage = Nurlan is dead :-(

Two maxed feint rolls. Curse you, invisiblecastle!!

EDIT: Perhaps orsal could play Hogarth during the battle?
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads