Fiend's Embrace - IC Thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Hanseath's beard!"

Having the same idea as Idivien, Harval takes his axe and swings it with both hands at the first beast to approach, hoping that two of them attacking the beast will mean dropping it faster.

Malvoisin

First Post
SURPRISE ROUND

First to react, Idivien lunges forward and drives his rapier into the closest drake. Still flat-footed, the beast is seriously injured by the Tiefling's blade. Idivien deals 14 damage, including Sneak Attack damage.

Harval follows up Idivien's attack with his Greataxe, targeting the wounded drake. But, he misses badly.

Gunk casts his defensive spell, causing the mystic armor to surround him.

The drakes now spring into action, jaws biting savagely. The first bites at Harval, but misses.

The second, seemingly wracked with pain due to Idivien's strike, attacks the tiefling, but it also misses.

The third felldrake circles around Harval, giving the dwarf an opportunity to swipe at the beast with his axe. Harval's greataxe strikes true, wounding the beast. Harval deals 5 points of damage with his AoO.

The fourth drake circles around directly behind Harval, taking a flanking position.

The fifth drake circles around Idivien, allowing him to take a stab at it with his rapier. But, Idivien's thrust misses.

The sixth and final drake also moves to a better vantage point from which to bite Idivien.

END SURPRISE ROUND

[FYI, I am not applying a 20% concealment miss chance to melee attacks, although I will for ranged attacks, due to the thick fog.]

[HP Update: Drake #2: -14; Drake #3: -5]
[Effects: Mage Armor on Gunk: +4AC]

FULL INITIATIVE ORDER:

1.Idivien
2.Aeligim
3.Gnro
4.Harval
5.Gunk
6.Crested Felldrakes

Code:
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |[color=red]6[/color]| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |[color=red]5[/color]|[b][color=dimgray]I[/color][/b]|[color=red]2[/color]| | | | | |
| | | | |[b]A[/b]|[b][color=seagreen]G[/color][/b]|[b][color=yellowgreen]G[/color][/b]|[color=red]4[/color]|[b][color=sienna]H[/color][/b]|[color=red]1[/color]| | | | | |
| | | | | | | |[color=red]3[/color]| | | | | | | |

Actions for Round 1?

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
With a guttural snarl a dark shadowy form leaps from within the elf's being and starts to lash out at the lizards. Smoothly drawing his rapier as he glides over to flank the crestdrake that Harval struck, Aeligim lashes out at the scaled beast, attempting to impale the aggresive lizard upon the long thin blade.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Suddenly faced with snapping lizard jaws in his face, Gunk is suddenly less sure in the might of his magic protecting him. He stumbles backwards a few paces, his hands groping for the holster at his belt. He pulls forth a wand, levels it at one of the lizards and speaks an arcane word. The wand shoots forth a glowing bolt, streaking towards the lizard.

[ooc: move back (left) and to his right (down), 5ft step. Draw wand of magic missile, fire at lizard #3, 1d4+1. Should be unaffected by fog.]

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Damn it!"
Look at myself, I allowed them to sorround me in seconds... lets change that

Idivien grabs his cloak with his free hand, and as he moves he starts whirling the cloak in circular patterns before the drakes' jaws, trying to deceive and confuse them, resulting in some of their bites finding air behind the cloak instead of his flesh.

Finally he arrives behind the drake Harval attacked initially, but still holds a defensive stance.

OOC: Full Defense=AC 22, move behind Drake number 1 while tumbling (DC 25) [up and right, down and right, down].

Rayex

First Post
Gnro - LIzardfolk Favoured Soul

Seeing the drakes appear from out of the fog, Gnro tightens her grip on her club.

This is it. This is where it beguns. Semuanya, show me the way.

Hefting her club, she moves to strike the closest drake.

ooc:Move-action to move to the left of Gunk, and attack drake #5. Masterwork Greatclub: +9 (2base + 2str + 1size + 1focus + 1MW + 2flanking bonus), 1d8+3 damage, Threat 20/x2.
AC 22.

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been ill the last days, and not in a good shape to update my games and the games I play in.

Malvoisin

First Post
ROUND 1

Idivien puts up his best defenses, and then dives forward, attempting to tumble to a better position. Unfortunately, with so many enemies surrounding him, as well as being hampered by the marshy terrain, he struggles to evade the jaws of the drakes. [Idivien failed 4 out of the 5 Tumble checks at DC25 :)] Yet, even as the jaws of the beasts snap all around him, his defensive effort pays off. Not one of the drakes' bites is able to strike him. [Drakes 2,4,5,& 6 made AoO's, but all 4 of them missed vs. AC22 :(]

(Land Outcast: Idivien, moving at half speed due to his Tumble, wasn't quite able to get to the square you indicated, because a second diagonal movement counts as 10 feet, not 5. But, he's in position to get a flanking bonus with only another 5 foot step, so it should be all good.)

Aeligim, with dark companion in tow, moves over to flank the closest wounded drake. With advantageous position, and his inner darkness harrassing the beast, his rapier easily hits home, but deals only a minor wound. (Aeligim deals 2 damage to Drake #3.)

Gnro hefts her greatclub, and moves to get a good position on one of the drakes. She bashes the creature across the back, eliciting a yelp of pain. (Gnro deals 5 points of damage to drake #5)

Harval swings his greataxe at the felldrake that Idivien had stabbed earlier, with great might. His axe hews the beast with a terrible wound, and the drake collapses in a shower of blood. (Harval deals 12 damage to felldrake #2, killing it!) The momentum of Harval's swing carries over to the next drake, and his axe strikes true again, grievously wounding that one as well. (Harval deals 15 damage to drake #1, with Cleave attack.)

Gunk takes a step, then levels his wand at the chosen felldrake. The magic bolt strikes the beast in the side with great force, leaving the creature standing, but looking rather the worse for wear. (Gunk's magic missile deals 5 damage to drake #3)

The drakes strike back with jaws biting savagely! Two of the beasts snap at Harval and one at Aeligim, but all are unable to find purchase through the warriors' armor. Meanwhile, the last two drakes manuever around Gnro to flank the little lizard! She is unable to defend from both sides, and both drakes' jaws close on her scaly flesh, drawing blood! (Drake #1 misses Harval, Drake #3 misses Aeligim, Drake #4 misses Harval, Drake #5 takes a step and hits Gnro for 3 damage, Drake #6 takes a step and hits Gnro for 3 damage.)

END ROUND 1

[HP Update: Gnro 22/28; Drake #1: -15; Drake #3: -12; Drake #5: -5]
[Effects: Mage Armor on Gunk: +4AC]

ACTIONS FOR ROUND 2?

INITIATIVE ORDER:

1.Idivien
2.Aeligim
3.Gnro
4.Harval
5.Gunk
6.Crested Felldrakes

Code:
| | | | | | | | | |[color=red]6[/color]| | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |[b][color=seagreen]G[/color][/b]| | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |[color=red]5[/color]| | | |[b][color=dimgray]I[/color][/b]| |
| | | | | | | | | | |[color=red]4[/color]|[b][color=sienna]H[/color][/b]|[color=red]1[/color]| | |
| | | | | | | | |[b][color=yellowgreen]G[/color][/b]|[b]D[/b]|[color=red]3[/color]| | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |[b]A[/b]| | | | | |

Voadam

Legend
"Fall you cursed beast." with a gesture Aeligim sets the companion forward a step to support Gnro with its shadow slashes at drake 5 as well as having it lash out at drakes 4 and 3. Aeligim will stab the wounded drake 3 again then move into the shadow's old space gliding into place to flank number 4 and get closer to Gnro to aid the little lizardess the next round.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
His beard sticky with gore from the felldrakes and the blood of his enemies spattered across his bald and sweaty head, the dwarf laughs loudly.

"I'll turn you into boots and your guts into jerky!"

Harval keeps at the most-wounded felldrake and should it fall, will turn on the one he previously lightly wounded.

Remove ads