Fast food nick names.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
Most of mine have already been listed, but I do use these:

Arby's = The hat, or The Big Hat (reference to the giant hat sign)
Wok-n-go = Wok-n-Crawl
Starbuck's = The Coffeetorium
O'Charley's = O'Chuck's
Guadelejara = Guido's
House of Cheung = House of Meow

Kurashu

First Post
eabha said:
KFC - The Dirty Bird

This makes me laugh. In my German class last year, we had this dumb kid (I mean, DUMB) who, one day in the middle of class, suddenly started flapping his arms and squaking. We started calling it the Dirty Bird. It was so funny. We ended up with the Dirty Horse and Dirty Pterodactyal too.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
sedarfairy said:
My daughter has hearing loss so she has odd names for most things.

Golden Corral became the Golden Cow.
Huddle House (local all-night breakfast place) became the Waffle Crisp

fast food places aren't the only victims...at her kindergarten showcase, she took the mike to sing the patriotic song "its a grand old flag." however, she couldn't quite hear the words as her teacher taught them. Soooo...she sang loud and proud "its a grand old fag, a hot flying fag, in every piece and way."

all the other parents looked at me like i was a complete heathen. :)

You win one internet.

sniffles

First Post
McDonald's = Mackodonardo's (making fun of the way Japanese people pronounce McDonald's); Mickey D's
Burger King = Burger Fling/Thing
Burgerville = Burgervile
Taco Bell = Taco Hell
Taco Time = Taco Slime
Pizza Hut = Pizza Butt

We also do that for retail stores: Tarjhay (Target), Jacques Pennet (Penney's), Sneers (Sears), K-Fart (K-Mart), Smear & Fink (Meier & Frank, a local chain that was bought out by Macy's). Haven't thought of an insulting nickname for Macy's yet.

CalicoDave

Explorer
"Taco Hell" for Taco Bell
"Golden Trough" for Golden Corral (an all-you-can-eat buffet place)

"Office Whatever" for the Office Depot and Office Max that are across the street from each other and I can never remember which is which.

Remove ads