Major Lag with MMORPGS - COH

KenM

Banned
Banned
Corsair said:
Everyone else has already addressed the CoH/CoV issue.

Make sure you have virus scan software turned off. This is very important. Also many firewalls will wreak havoc with gameplay, even if it doesn't actually prevent you from playing. If it is unplayable after the CoH issue is resolved, I suggest contacting your game's tech support. They can usually take help you optimize for your specific game.

IMO if you have to turn off your antivirus and firewall just to play a game, its not worth playing. No way I would expose my PC. I play WOW and tryed DDO, with a router, firewall, and antivirus going. I never had any issues.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
hmmmm. I play on a wireless router, and while there is a little bit of lag, I'm still able to play CoH/CoV with no problems. I just haven't had the major lag issues that I lot of people seem to have had. :shrug:

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm having the same issues, though not nearly at the same level you are describing. Generally turning particle count down has helped most of those having serious lag. One of the big parts of I7 was a major graphics upgrade for CoH, bringing it closer to CoV in terms of background stuff and texture quality.

The loading thing has improved steadily since I7 hit, but I still am slower than before.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Indeed; it's gotten somewhat better for me over the last couple weeks. I can now spend longer than 4 hours connected while noticing only a slight degradation in performance. Periodically executing the /reloadgfx command in-game has been floated as one possible means of easing memory load, but I don't know if or how well that works.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
My machine gets almost NO lag with Issue 7, on both sides of the game.

There are many minor glitches and problems as of Issue 7 that cause major lag for subpar computer systems running the game.

The most annoying thing is how the global server has been destabalized.

Ghostwind

First Post
tonight was the first night where lag on Liberty was so bad the group had to call it a night - couldn't do a mish. Maybe it will improve tomorrow. On the plus side, I did hit level 19 with my CoV character. :)

KenM

Banned
Banned
I should be getting a laptop ai ordered in a day or so. That has wireless. I'm curious to see how much lag I get with online games.

Endur

First Post
Debug.

Seriously.

Put on your debugger hat and try the suggestions in this thread. Its likely that one of them will fix your problem.

Remove ads