di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
"You want to bet... 40 gp? I don't need spare change. Let do something serious. I will pass to the next round. If I don't, I gives you 100 gp. If you don't, you will work for me for one day. What about that? If both fail, we pay our due. If both pass to the next round, we double the stack at hand. That mean if we meet in final, it will be 400 gp in the stack for you, and 4 days of work from you for me."

I accept your offer with the addition of same bet for Halfling Hunter, Quozen, Elven Hunter, and Nirassa. I put up the time and you put up the money. What say you? I am confident that you will not best any of us I have named.

[sblock=ooc velmont]Cepheus is working to get some better odds at making money. He is not convinced he will beat the noble but is confident that in betting on the names he stated he can come away with some money, even if has to work 20 days for the noble.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm not sure to understand what you offer to the noble. You want 5 different bet and see the result separated, or it is a single bet, but it is the noble against you 5?[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
[sblock=ooc velmont] 5 different bets with results separated. It is a lot to ask for, but Cepheus is trying to push the nobles pride and reputation. This increases the possible reward for both members but chances are they will both win some portion of the bets. Cepheus is basically accepting he will probably work for the noble but it will cost him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"You, Quozen, Nirassa, the other elf and the halfling. You know that will mean you will work for me. That make five persons, it is sure one of them will not reach the next level. In the worst case for me, it makes you... 600 gp, but you work one day for me. In the best case, I win this tournament, and you can work for me for... 10 days. But wathever happen, you work for me at least one day." The noble thinks for a moment. "It's looks like stupid for you to offer that, but if it is what you want." He offer you his hand to shake and to bind the bet.

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
"You, Quozen, Nirassa, the other elf and the halfling. You know that will mean you will work for me. That make five persons, it is sure one of them will not reach the next level. In the worst case for me, it makes you... 600 gp, but you work one day for me. In the best case, I win this tournament, and you can work for me for... 10 days. But wathever happen, you work for me at least one day." The noble thinks for a moment. "It's looks like stupid for you to offer that, but if it is what you want." He offer you his hand to shake and to bind the bet.

Cepheus accepts the handshake and the bet. It is good to see at least one Lord of our realm has some fortitude.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu overhears the conversation of course. He scratches his head and wonders what the hell his partner is up to. He doesn't understand the complexity of the bet at all.

However, he backs up his partner by yelling...

I dunno whats dat fort tude is Cepheus but he maybe have groks after all.

He glares at the noble - look at dis I gots a gest yun

I works wif dis Cepheus now.

and I will works fur you too if he loose the bet for same times and

you gets my pollogy.

If you loose liddle man you cepts my duel outside da town in 3 days time.

You picks dis place and hours and I picks da wepuns.

Dis good yes,
<flexes his muscles>

you gets da strong backs and smarts guy same times for works if you wins

and you get to fend yous honor like mens if you loose -

you wins da same even if you looses.

Velmont

First Post
"As there is five different bet, most likely there will be both win and lose. My chance are not bad to win this tournament, but against five opponent, the oods are against me." tells the noble man. "I accept your challenge, big man, but your bet will hold only against your little friend. If I beat him, you will work as much days as your little friend. If I lose, I meet you in three day for your little challenge. The result against the other contestants will not matter with that bet. Simple and fair enough?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen listens to the exchange between the noble, the orc, and the gnome. Bets on money, and days labor... it all seems so confusing, he takes a moment to laugh. He calls back to Deos, "You are probably the most favored one here, to be able to sit out the next round. By the time we are through, we will all owe service to one another!"

BigB

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
Quozen listens to the exchange between the noble, the orc, and the gnome. Bets on money, and days labor... it all seems so confusing, he takes a moment to laugh. He calls back to Deos, "You are probably the most favored one here, to be able to sit out the next round. By the time we are through, we will all owe service to one another!"

Ahh yes but shall we not all be richer for the thrill of competition, the experience of testing your skills against peers, and the wisdom to understand our own limits. And the opportunity to fatten our purses. What more could one ask for. I applaud Reynaldo for this experience.

Remove ads