di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

I've never done this beforre, she thinks to herself. How am I supposed to do well? We'll see.

She picks up the crossbow and bolts with her paws. She examines the crossbow curiously. She has seen a crossbow before, but never shot one. She strums the string, and pulls the trigger a few times. Satisfied that it works, she takes the crossbow and shoots her crossbow three times (1d20+4=14, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=16).

After seeing her third shot hit home, she jumps up and down in celebration.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen stretches and selects a bow. He feels the strands carefully between his fingers, then notches an arrow. Carefully, he pulls the string back and concentrates. Make this shot count, he thinks.

The arrow flies loose and streaks true for the target, striking the bullseye. He smiles triumphantly. Quickly and excitedly, he pulls out the next arrow and lets it fly--but it only strikes the green. He shakes his head, tries to clear it, and tries once again.

The third arrow, however, shoots well again, hitting red. Close to the edge of the bullseye, but definitely within it.

15+4=19, 8+4=12, 13+4=17

He checks the scoreboard, happy with what he sees, but knowing he cannot stop yet.

Velmont

First Post
Reynold notes on a paper all teh result and calculate the scores. "We have a tie in eighth position, so we will have a dead match." The hafling merchant and the gnome both take there crossbow again. The both shoot. The halfling, under the stress, completly miss the target, while the gnome only place it on the green ring, but it's enough to qualified. "Fine, we have now our eight contestant for the next round. We will start it in ten minutes."

[SBLOCK=Score]Halfling Hunter: 27
Cepheus: 24
Quozen: 24
Elven Hunter: 23
Nirrassa: 22
Human Noble: 20
Human Farmer: 20
Gnome Troubadour: 18 (Green)
Halfling Traveller: 18 (Miss)
Deos: 17
Halfling Merchant: 15
Half-Elven Orussus Guard: 10
Dwarven Warrior: 9
Human hunter: 8
Human Roadwarden Guard: 2
Thamian: Disqualified
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]IcyCool, I hope you are not too sad, but with a +0 to ranged attack, you have surely guess your chance to win were small... for the other, good luck on teh second round... but for now, I'll leave a little time for roleplay and/or bet, now you have a better guess on the skill of each.[/SBLOCK]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu watches his companion shoot and supports him with much vigor yelling encouragement and booing when the others enjoy a success.

When the noble with whom he had the altercation finishes his rounds he catches his attention and when he has eye contact he makes a slashing motion across his throat then spits at the ground.

He then decides to do a little checking up of his own on the break and casts detect magic and scans the contestants and their bows and or crossbows. He also tries to scan the crowd for anyone who might be checking for the same thing. He knows that the rules say no magic but his little skull can't wrap around the idea how anyone would know.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
As Jik'tu cast detect magic he starts to scan the crowd and the contestant. He detect a faint aura of divination from one official. No contestants in the second wave are using magic. Before the third wave arrive, the orc's spell finish.

[SBLOCK=Spellcraft DC:15]The spell detected is Detect Magic[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Cepheus approaches the human noble I can appreciate a confidant Lord. Are confidant to put up 10 gold that I outscore you next round? Ahh perhaps another 10 gp that Quozen outscores you. HMMM so convinced I am of your superiority another 10 gp that Nirrassa outscores you on the next round. What say you Lord, man or mouse? Perhaps you are confident enough for the halfling hunter as well - another 10 gp? A Lord such as yourself must be confident to lead men such us!

IcyCool

First Post
Deos sighs and then grins. "I'm sure there was a reason that I did not qualify. Perhaps I am to watch the contest and bet instead. Whatever the reason, I'm sure I will understand it soon, Antonidas willing." Deos takes a seat and decides to watch until there are fewer contestants before betting.

Velmont

First Post
"You want to bet... 40 gp? I don't need spare change. Let do something serious. I will pass to the next round. If I don't, I gives you 100 gp. If you don't, you will work for me for one day. What about that? If both fail, we pay our due. If both pass to the next round, we double the stack at hand. That mean if we meet in final, it will be 400 gp in the stack for you, and 4 days of work from you for me."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
In the crowd, bet are starting to be heard. "I put 5 copper on that small gnome." "Bah, I bet it is the noble man who will win, I take your bet." "I put a gold on that elf, the hunter looking one." "Are you fool, a gold? It's half a month of work. I don't bet such fortune." "I take it, and my man is the remaining halfling." A bit behind, a travelling merchant is trying to sells items to the crowd, food or trinkets.

Remove ads