di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

Cepheus looks around and moves to a spot where he can either help Jik'tu or make a quick getaway if needed and hide in the shadows while everyone is focusing on the confrontation.

hide in shadows 1d20+9 = 28

Cepheus then uses his racial ability to cast ghost sound 1d20+3=7 in a attempt to make it sound like the noble is insulting the entire audience within the tent.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Listen Check, DC 15 (1d20+8=10)

Quozen watches as Jik'tu goes storming into the crowd to face the noble. Having paid the crowd no mind until this point, he missed what set him off--but no matter. He turns, distracted, to Reynold.

"Here is my fee, for the archery tournament. The orc has been kind enough to loan me the money."

He turns back to watch the altercation.

"Would this create a problem? I would still like to enter the Maze, later..."

Velmont

First Post
The noble take a step back as Jik'tu approach, but he then stop and look into the orc eyes. Cepheus quickly find a place in a hole, and no one seems to notice. The orc can feel stress, but the man is not panicked by the orc reaction. As the orc talk, the noble calm down and control himself. "Apology to you?" tells the noble, not impress. You see three men behind the two nobles who walk beside, warding them of there presence. "If you want to challenge me, do it on the archery range. I would not like to waste an arrow on you.""Anyway, you are like the other, all incompetants and commoner." he adds, but his voice seems false, and he wasn't moving his lips while he added this comment.

"Please gentlemen! This is a tournament, not a place to settle your quarrel. I won't tolerate duel on the site. I won't see any combat outside the contest, and they will be made by the rules." Reynold tells, throwing a look at Jik'tu. He then turn his attention to the noble man. "And I won't tolerate insult either. We want sportmanship behavior. The only judge about cheating are the officials, and we are well equiped and aware for that. That include the little trickster who adds words into someone else mouth." he then turn his attention to Quozen, adding on a less authoritarian tone. "Finally, someone can pay for another person if he desire. Giving a chance to someone to contest is a sportmanship behavior and we don't see any problem to that. And the agreement between the two is not the tournament business as long as it hasn't been forced."

He look at the noble and the orc. "I'll forget what just happen, but I won't tolerate any unsportmanship behavior from any of you three... that include the little trickster."

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

"Oh no! I'm late!" she exclaims. "I must get to the contest quickly." She quickly gathers her things and runs downstairs, out the Red Dragon Inn and to the road to Fallon.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu looks over at the Reynold the official with eyes full of anger and question...

I spect yous wish Reynolds cuz you gived Jik'tu jobs once...

I got needed it too...

I not kill him here...

Buts, no'uns sults Jik'tu and gets way free off.

I ask you as honor man to makes him pology to me fur dat sult den Reynolds.

It bees you vent and what are rules of honor in dis city den?

It bees dat or we settle like mens sum plaze elses.

Jik'tu steps closer to and looks down at the noble; bending down sniffing him and whispering...

I sees you may be big mens here in dis town - dat means nuffin to me...

In my tribe I am shaman class - equal wif cheif...dat more nobles dan you ever bees.

You smells like a wumens and dat clan shud make paraiah fur dis...

you dishonor dem wif by yous lack of grots.

You grows some soon send word of time and place.

We doos it outside town...not here in Reynold's place of honor...

Jik'tu then turns to Reynold...

My pollogy to you Reynolds fur dis rupture of vents and yous else all here toos.

I tells dis to all yous; even da orcs have honor and I want fend mine is all.

Wut you do if it bees you sulted by dis kind of wumens?

Addressing the noble again -

I got you smells liddle man - make sure travel safe trew dem dark skreets now!

[sblock=Velmont]

Hi, having fun in your tournament but don't want to delay your contest here any further. I left some room for you to let the noble either apologize, fight with me later (which we can resolve whenever you wish after some other events get precedence) or just he can simply blow Jik'tu off all together.

I have appealed to Reynolds sense of honor to make the noble apologize. Which should make the noble even more upset. His honor has been impugned of course by an orc no less - word will get out that he let it go unchallenged and his families honor should suffer because of it.

JT is not the kind to let something like this go totally so if later you wanted to do something with it for a short type event as a separate thread for a duel or even a chance encounter I'd welcome it.

At least if I could get a family name and the name of the noble for later things.

It might also make for some interesting information on Ossirus flavor that a family is in bad standing and suffers a bad reputation until a certain orc is found and the mater is settled on the field of honor. I think that the family might force the young noble to settle the matter regardless of possible outcome to save face - they can write off one young butt-hole but the lack of honor - I doubt it.

If you have not the interest nor time It'll just make good background for JT no big deal.

Having much fun you are doing a great job here and bringing a ton of life to the city - it needs it too.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
The noble look at Jik'tu and the orc see some enmity, but the man doesn't add anything. Reynold adds for the orc. "Orussus doesn't tolerate duel. That's the law, and this tournament is not the place to settle such quarrel. That's my final word. I thank you both to respect that decision."

Reynold climb on a pedestal "Now that the interlude is finish, I want to welcome everyone." he tells, showing his smiles again. "di Senzio's Tournament, organized by di Senzio's Magical Shop, welcome you to the archery contest. Today, all the novice will meet each other in a contest of skill. First, I will see if everyone are here."

Reynold name people one a list. You have a chance to see the different opponent in this contest. As most novice contest, no one had the time to make a name for himself, so you don't recognize anyone by reputation.
  • Cepheus
  • An elf hunter
  • An half-elf wearing the color of the guards of Orussus
  • An halfling traveller
  • Nirrassa
  • An halfling merchant
  • A human farmer
  • A human noble
  • Deos
  • A dwarf
  • An halfling hunter
  • A human hunter
  • Quozen
  • A gnome troubadour
  • A human wearing the color of the roadwarden
  • Thamian
"Nirassa? Thamian? Is any of them here?" A small Katara visage appera in the tent. "Nirrassa? Thamian?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm happy to hear you like that DH. And if I want to do something with that? Ah! You put enough meet in my mouth to chew it for days... it is far from being finished. :] I start to like to have Jik'tu around.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Deos lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding as soon as it becomes readily apparent that the orc isn't going to try and gut one of the nobles of Orussus. He's heard about the savagery of orcs, but so far has only been witness to the savagery of man.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu searches the tent for Cepheus....

Oh, dere you is - what you hides fir mabye need you den...

An'ways, I tink I gots some of dem rattle a bit.

You jus bes bestest is all left.

Oh, an beats dat boy toos he gots me golds on loan...

we have some funs wif him - maybe gets him to tack dat noble wif me...

He makes oaf of bediance
<laughing like this all was a kids game>

BigB

First Post
DerHauptman said:
Jik'tu searches the tent for Cepheus....

Oh, dere you is - what you hides fir mabye need you den...

An'ways, I tink I gots some of dem rattle a bit.

You jus bes bestest is all left.

Oh, an beats dat boy toos he gots me golds on loan...

we have some funs wif him - maybe gets him to tack dat noble wif me...

He makes oaf of bediance
<laughing like this all was a kids game>

It would seem that is all - I just have to be the best. In that case may Chennet look favorably on my crossbow, Grendath grant me luck, and Taurusk view this competition as a war of sorts and aid me to strike down the enemy for his glory. Not to mention I am glad you, my big friend, are on my side.

Remove ads