di Senzio's Tournament: Winged Flute

BigB

First Post
Cepheus

Cepheus is enjoying this scene as it plays out however he does not want to see it go any further than discomfort for the half-elf.

I am Cepheus Beren Boomhill and my large hungry and now angry friend is Jik'tu.

Heckler

First Post
Octavio enters the Winged Flute and takes in the crowd milling about. "Now this is more like it. A much more enjoyable crowd than those sticks-in-the-mud at the Dragon."

He then addresses the half-elf. "You seem to be with the tournament, sir. I am here for the performance. The name is Octavio Amontillado - Master Balladeer. I presume I need to check in somewhere?"

Velmont

First Post
"Cepheus and Jik'tu. Yes, it is the names Selera's gave me. She spoke about a gnome, a human and an orc, I suppose your human friend isn't here. You have the table over there. Also, you don't have to pay as you are on the guest list.." He gives back the gold to Cepheus. He points a table next to the bar, the sight seems not the best for the scene, but it is the nearest of the kitchen door. The half-elf seems less nervous now that he is sure the orc will not squash him.

Octavio enters some moment laters after the problem have been settle. "Octavio Amontillado? Yes, you are on my list, you can enter, just go over there, in the private room."

-=-=-= Common Room =-=-=-

Cepheus and Jik'tu sits down at there table, a small table made for four person. Being only two, and Cepheus taking not much place, Jik'tu have all the place to relax. The barman behind them, working at the bar, approach and asks. "Something to drink?"

-=-=-= Private Room =-=-=-

The private room behind, Octavio, Semabin meet themselves again. A moment later, Kwella arrive. Spotting, Semabin, he approach him. "You miss quite a race. I arrive second in the qualification. I will do the final. I'll need to practice my swimming, I never had much chance to swim before. Now I know who I'll meet, I'll be able to prepare a strategy for the final. By the way, quite a start you had." he tells to Octavio. "You never cross the line and you were simply disqualified. It's sad, you seemed to be a nice contestant to confront."

Knight Otu

First Post
With everything resolved, Semabin gives the list back to the half-elf with an apologizing nod, and goes to the private room.

"Sorry, Kwella, that I wasn't at the finish line to witness your second-place qualifying, there was a situation I had to lend a hand with. Octavio here chose to do the same. But I'm sure it will uplift your spirit to hear that, after your urging, I chose to enter the maze and archery competitions as well."

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire

The half-orc paladin enters the Winged Flute. "Garrit Kelspire at your service, here to work security."

Heckler

First Post
Entering the back room, Octavio greets Semabin warmly. When Kwella addresses him, Octavio responds, "Thank you, sir. It was an exhilirating experience. And I may have missed out on much coin by forfieting, but the child will recover fully, and I say that is the best coin I have ever spent."

"Oh, and don't be sad. We may not face each other on the road, but it appears we will be facing each other tonight," Octavio adds, with a mischievious grin.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Common Room =-=-=-

"It was about time." tells the half-elf to Garrit. "You should have arrived fifteen minutes ago. There was an Orc who looked like he wanted to eat me if I didn't let him pass. I wonder why miss Selera put him on the guest list. I suggest you to keep an eye on him, his table is next to the bar." Garrit see a gnome and an Orc sitting on a small table next to the bar.

With the distance and the noise, the two companion doesn't heard the half-elf complaining to the new comer. The barman gives you meals and drink as you order. You recognize the great taste of Selera's meal.

Kwella nods. "That must be what the savage orc was telling. He found you fool to have done that. He finished forth of his wave, most likely he would not have qualified if you would have finish the race. Maybe a good thing for other contestant health."

Reynold enters the room and the whispers lower. "Welcome to all contestant. As you are only nine, here how we will proceed. Three of you will perform tonight, three tomorrow and three the day after. Each of you will do two performance. A group of five judge will determine the best three. The best three will perform during the prize reward ceremony, and only one performance. That final performance will count as half the points, the other half being your previous performance. Any scene art is correct, but amgic is forbidden, even for simple visual effects." Reynold adds some details. "Any question before we determine who will perform tonight?"

[SBLOCK=Performance contest]The performance contest will be done like that:

First, you must choose what you'll do. If you take a reknown performance (like playing some Shakespeare) gives you no bonus to your roll. If you want to perform one of your own creation, you must first determine the quality of the performance. Do a perform roll, modified by your Intelligence, DC: 10. For each 5 point you beat the DC, you gain a +2. If you fail, you get a -2. If you roll a natural 1, you get a -5.

Then you perform, so you simply roll a Perform check. Also, if you roleplay your performance (write down the song, describe the dance...) I might gives you a +2 circumstance bonus for the effort. Add the bonus from the creation you play and that,s the total of teh performance.

Repeat for the second performance. Add both roll. The best three totals will participate to the final. [/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
Velmont said:

Kwella nods. "That must be what the savage orc was telling. He found you fool to have done that. He finished forth of his wave, most likely he would not have qualified if you would have finish the race. Maybe a good thing for other contestant health."

[SBLOCK=Performance contest]The performance contest will be done like that:

First, you must choose what you'll do. If you take a reknown performance (like playing some Shakespeare) gives you no bonus to your roll. If you want to perform one of your own creation, you must first determine the quality of the performance. Do a perform roll, modified by your Intelligence, DC: 10. For each 5 point you beat the DC, you gain a +2. If you fail, you get a -2. If you roll a natural 1, you get a -5.

Then you perform, so you simply roll a Perform check. Also, if you roleplay your performance (write down the song, describe the dance...) I might gives you a +2 circumstance bonus for the effort. Add the bonus from the creation you play and that,s the total of teh performance.

Repeat for the second performance. Add both roll. The best three totals will participate to the final. [/SBLOCK]

On hearing himself called a fool, Octavio grins, crossing his fingers and holding them to his chest, showing the sign of Grendath. He'll ask, "Do you happen to know how the halfling finished? He seemed to have a good hold on second place when I dropped out."

[sblock=ooc]Quick question about song selection. I was planning on using pre-existing songs, altered, if needed, to fit the period. Is this acceptable? And do you need me to credit the original artist? I assume this fits into the "Shakespeare" catagory above.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
"I assume props, such as fake weapons, would fall under scene art?" he asks Reynold, then remembers that he wanted to talk to him about the events of the race as well. "You heard what happened at the race earlier today?"

Remove ads