Dragons of Faerun looks sweet

Shade

Monster Junkie
I don't have the book yet, but the art gallery includes a brown abishai. That alone makes me smile. :D

Some of the artwork looks quite good. The mercury dragon, especially. :cool:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Shade said:
I don't have the book yet, but the art gallery includes a brown abishai. That alone makes me smile. :D

Some of the artwork looks quite good. The mercury dragon, especially. :cool:
Agreed. The artwork is superb. I have already DLed a handful of the images with intent on printing them out on glossy printer paper. The mercury dragon is the best of the bunch with Saryndalaghlothtor coming in second. :cool:

Links to pictures
Mercury Dragon
Saryndalaghlothtor

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
What I like is that there are Spawn of Tiamat in it. Don't kill me. What I mean is, it's nice to see that the Spawn of Tiamat concept is going to continue to get some support, making it a viable creature group like demons, devils, etc.

Now, if only they didn't have to frontload them on us quite so fervently...

Demiurge out.

SinisterSage

First Post
What I like is that there are Spawn of Tiamat in it. Don't kill me. What I mean is, it's nice to see that the Spawn of Tiamat concept is going to continue to get some support, making it a viable creature group like demons, devils, etc.
Ditto.
While the MMIV was a completely overloaded with spawn, it's good to have a non-outsider creature group of that kind. The Spawn make good opponents for low-level play.

The brown abishai doesn't look like an abishai (scales, gargoylish).

The steel dragon looks like they just recycled the silver dragon art from the MM.

RavinRay

Explorer
Couldn't agree more with the steel dragon, and I guess since the brown dragon is wingless or has vestigial wings, the brown abishai is too.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Um, do I have a different copy of Dragons of Faerûn to everyone else? Mine doesn't seem to have a brown abishai in it. And nor, for that matter does the steel dragon entry have a picture....

Shade

Monster Junkie
I was going solely by the art gallery. Since then, I've learned that the brown abishai was renamed (I forget its new name) to reflect its heritage from a particular brown dragon. I haven't seen the final book yet.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Comparing the gallery to the book, I see the brown abishai ended up being called a "Kraithbairn". I wonder why?

Remove ads