Exhibition Arena - OOC and Rules Issues

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Okay, I can't find a definitive answer for this.

When Power Attacking with a two-handed weapon, you get 1.5x your Str bonus to damage and 2xPA to damage.

I'm assuming that if a creature uses an attack mode that gets a 1.5x Str bonus, then it should similarly get a 2xPA bonus to damage rather than 1xPA.

It seems logical, but I can't back it up with RAW or Rules of the Game.

Specifically, this makes a dragon's tail attack pretty nasty when using high PA, and means that taking Multiattack (to take away the -5 for the tail) is a very good combination with Power Attack. The Fly-By tail smack at 20 ft reach could be pretty hurty.

Gansk

Explorer
The TBoAA assumption has been that all natural weapons are considered one-handed for purposes of Power Attack. For two weapon fighting purposes, I believe all natural weapons are considered to be light weapons.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Excellent. That means I don't have to restate Stonemaker's hp downward. :)

(When I get a chance I'll look for more info on this, since it still itches at me that it seems more logical - though the number of creatures with 1.5x Str natural attacks might be fairly limited it seems an unnecessary disadvantage to the big brutish type of beasties)

Infiniti2000

First Post
You do not get x2 for power attack. It is simply not a two-handed weapon. You will not find anything more in the rules on it than that.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
Yes he did, but then I thought you wanted him to take it back for some reason.

So Maneeyac did see Freezik disappear?
I just now understand the confusion. I had meant to say that Jin can't see Freezik (because his eyes were closed). I actually had no idea about Maneeyac being able to see him.

Sorry, it was a typo.

Gansk

Explorer
No problem, I imagined that the On Deck creatures would be able to see each other live rather than a programmed illusion on the scoreboard - that way they could spellcraft each other's buffs.

Infiniti2000

First Post
You were (I guess) providing buff commands for Maneeyac and I mistook that name for your current combatant. I referenced it more than once, apparently even 'attacking' Maneeyac. :)

Remove ads