Exhibition Arena - OOC and Rules Issues

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Since in my description there is a big screen talking about each combatant, I may be interpreting the knowledge of opponent more liberally than you guys have in the past.

An untrained Knowledge check is simply an Intelligence check. Without actual training, you know only common knowledge (DC 10 or lower).

If a combatant passes this DC10 Int check (if untrained in the appropriate knowledge), then I'm allowing them to take a clue from the announced name of the creature to realize that creature's "signature" characteristic. This is only the idea that every "adventuring" adult creature of human-average intelligence in a fantasy world is probably familiar with the idea that a dragon has a breath weapon, for instance. They may be confused as to what energy goes with what color in some cases, but they get the idea.

"In many cases, you can use this skill to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities. In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s HD. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster.

For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information."

In the past, have you folks been adding one more SQ or SA for each +5 as your intepretation of this rule?

Gansk

Explorer
OK, so what happened in the On Deck area for evil? Shouldn't the bad guy appear in the area first, then turn invisible? Did Good see him or not?

Gansk

Explorer
Yes he did, but then I thought you wanted him to take it back for some reason.

So Maneeyac did see Freezik disappear?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding in my description of the illusion-screens that display who is in the On-Deck areas, but everyone (who doesn't have their eyes closed) can see who is waiting in each On-Deck.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Nope. To continue the baseball analogy, the name on the lineup card is known to all sides, and you can think of the image on the screens as a promotional image (rather than the live scrying image of the arena fight itself that the On Deck folks see).

Remove ads