Doctor Who Season 2--10/13/06

Volaran

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
Yes, there are a few episodes on DVDs but they are random best ofs and the Key to Time arc and not seasons. I am still waiting on them to do entire seasons (or even entire Doctors). I want them all.

I thought the Key of Time arc was a season...

In any case, I am looking forward to the Second Doctor story "The Invasion", to be released with the missing parts filled in with animation set to the original audio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/06/20/33077.shtml

Should be interesting to see.

sniffles

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
Yes, there are a few episodes on DVDs but they are random best ofs and the Key to Time arc and not seasons. I am still waiting on them to do entire seasons (or even entire Doctors). I want them all.
There are more than a 'few' random episodes. There are quite a lot, actually. And if you purchase a DVD player that will play PAL encoded DVDs you can get even more, since the US is rather behind on releases compared to the UK. All-region DVD players are quite inexpensive these days.

I do agree that it would be nice if the BBC released whole seasons, though I'd rather they didn't release them as sets since such large sets would be very expensive.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
sniffles said:
There are more than a 'few' random episodes. There are quite a lot, actually. And if you purchase a DVD player that will play PAL encoded DVDs you can get even more, since the US is rather behind on releases compared to the UK. All-region DVD players are quite inexpensive these days.

I do agree that it would be nice if the BBC released whole seasons, though I'd rather they didn't release them as sets since such large sets would be very expensive.

So instead of downloading episodes we are supposed to purchase and watch videos out of region which seems also against the rules (or they wouldn't have region codes in the first place)

Hopefully enough folks in the US will by the new seasons with the US region coding to encourage them to sell other seasons in the US.

sniffles

First Post
As far as I know the regional coding issue isn't a legal one, so it's not against the rules. All-region players are fairly common through normal retail outlets. The different encoding methods just match up with the tv broadcast formats used in the country of origin. Britain has always had PAL tv, so they have PAL DVD.

But I agree that it would be preferable if the DVDs would be released on the same schedule in the US as they are in the UK. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sniffles said:
But I agree that it would be preferable if the DVDs would be released on the same schedule in the US as they are in the UK. :)

Tell that to the makers of US TV shows which we have to wait for.

Remove ads