Doctor Who Season 2--10/13/06

Tuzenbach

First Post
horacethegrey said:
Um, how's that exactly? How is my *cough*downloading*cough* of a few episodes of the old series qualify as a loss of credibility?

Because when somebody nonchalantly downloads either a song or movie or TV show, the artists are the ones who ultimately suffer. I realize you think that "Oh, I'm just one person doing this and, therefore, it doesn't matter" but it does.

Nevermind the fact that it transcends the law. If enough people went around downloading art, the artists eventually wouldn't make any sort of profit from their work. When this happens, what's their motivation for seeking to create art at all? Absolutely nothing.

Here's a quiz for you: What is the primary reason artists seek to create TV, movies, & songs?

a) To please YOU
b) To put food on their respective tables

If you answered "a", you're truly a loathsome individual.

So please, unless you want David Tennant to come up to your car with a rag & spraybottle, STOP RIPPING OFF THE ARTISTS!!!

Respect them. BUY what they've created. Or (assuming you don't like what they have to offer) DON'T BUY what they've created. In either event, DON'T STEAL WHAT THEY'VE CREATED. If you haven't a clue as to whether or not a certain artist appeals to you, BORROW from others to get your preview, or BUY and RETURN. JUST STOP THE THIEVERY!!!

Thank you.

Tuzenbach

First Post
MonsterMash said:
I liked this episode, but I miss the older format where there was more time to develop characters and the plots. Still had some great lines though:

Mickey: I'm a tin dog!

K9: We are in a car
Those lines, IMHO, were the episode!

horacethegrey

First Post
Tuzenbach said:
Because when somebody nonchalantly downloads either a song or movie or TV show, the artists are the ones who ultimately suffer. I realize you think that "Oh, I'm just one person doing this and, therefore, it doesn't matter" but it does.

Oh, I'm sure that artists are truly suffering, now that my hard earned cash is not part of their million dollar bank account. :p

Also, don't assume to know what I think. I'd have to be incredibly naive to think I'm the only one doing this.

Tuzenbach said:
So please, unless you want David Tennant to come up to your car with a rag & spraybottle, STOP RIPPING OFF THE ARTISTS!!!

So long as he gives me his autograph afterwards, it's all fine by me. :p

Tuzenbach said:
Respect them. BUY what they've created. Or (assuming you don't like what they have to offer) DON'T BUY what they've created. In either event, DON'T STEAL WHAT THEY'VE CREATED. If you haven't a clue as to whether or not a certain artist appeals to you, BORROW from others to get your preview, or BUY and RETURN. JUST STOP THE THIEVERY!!!

Aw. I'm so sorry mummy. Tell you what, here's my dvd set of the first season of the new Doctor Who. Just don't tell dad, kay?

Seriously though, you should really get off your high horse and stop your bloody preaching. As I said before in a previous post if you even bothered reading it, the old series is not available on video where I live. So download is the only option I have currently. Again, I'm not going pretend it's right nor justify my reasons. So let's end the discussion here.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am buying the new seasons on DVD when they are available (stupid transatlantic delay) but yes, it would be nice if they released TOS on DVD or at least as much as can be found of the first 26 seasons. I will buy them as soon as they are released. Since they haven't been released however its not like the rights holders are suffering a financial loss since they are currently getting $0 in DVD sales right now anyway. I will accept arguements that you are taking money away from the rights holders as soon as the rights holders make an attempt to make money first.

I WANT MY DR WHO TOS DVDS!!!

Prince Atom

Explorer
Brown Jenkin: Amazon.com has some Doctor on DVD.

I personally own a copy of Androids of Tara on DVD. The episodes are out there; you just have to keep your eyes open if you don't want to deal with Amazon.

I have found one or two episodes on VHS in Sam Goody's. They probably also have DVDs by now, but all the ones around Knoxville closed up.

Sniffles: Try dozens of alien planets. Off the top of my head, Skaro, Voga (and Nerva as a sleeper ship and a Beacon), that planet where Morbius was imprisoned, that planet with the invisible radioactive monster, that planet with the invisible inhabitants where the Daaa-leks were playing archaeologist, Mars ... I could go on except for the simple fact that I haven't watched Tom Baker's or Jon Pertwee's seasons in a while.

TWK
Wait a minute... we're in a car!

Edited because I apparently can't keep Sarah Jane and Leela straight....

Brown Jenkin

First Post
The Whiner Knight said:
Brown Jenkin: Amazon.com has some Doctor on DVD.

I personally own a copy of Androids of Tara on DVD. The episodes are out there; you just have to keep your eyes open if you don't want to deal with Amazon.

Yes, there are a few episodes on DVDs but they are random best ofs and the Key to Time arc and not seasons. I am still waiting on them to do entire seasons (or even entire Doctors). I want them all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Brown Jenkin said:
Yes, there are a few episodes on DVDs but they are random best ofs and the Key to Time arc and not seasons. I am still waiting on them to do entire seasons (or even entire Doctors). I want them all.

You'll never get the all. Some of them no longer exist. Even the BBC doesn't have copies.

Remove ads