Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: This episode is for Al and Rose only. Just for fun, here are some pictures of our heroes--)

alphonse_elric.jpg

rose-2.jpg

(OOC: And now to set the scene--click here for some familiar music)

'Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days...we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.' --Alphonse Elric

*Al has finally decided to leave Resembool altogether and begin his journey to search for Ed, no matter what it takes or where it takes him. To that end, he has decided to head to Central to check the libraries there, even the regrowing First Branch, burned down over six years ago but slowly repleneshing its lost books due to the sedulous work of Lieutenant Scieszka.*

*Rose has always supported Al's dreams, even when Winry would rather he stay in Resembool so she can keep an eye on him, and she has come along to help Al search for Ed.*

*We begin our story on a train, the periodic chug and clank of the rails beating into monotony as Rose and Alphonse stare out of the window into the distance and eventually pull out a deck of cards to play a few games. Unlike Ed, Rose doesn't cheat at cards, so Al doesn't find himself losing as much as he used to when he was little.*

*Eventually, the train pulls to a halt at a stop for a transfer at a bigger station that heads straight to Central. The layover is significant though, and it is getting dark, so they might want to check in at an inn in the nearby village. However, as they head towards the edge of the station, they hear hushed whispers from some of the people at the station:*

"The living dead...you hear me?"

"It isn't safe here, let's go."

"We'd better stay away, the dead are haunting that place."

unleashed

First Post
“Al, it sounds like there’s some trouble here... do you think we might be able to help them?” Rose asks softly, concern in her voice.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: You know, I just realized how hard it'll be to role-play Al accurately without Ed around. Well here goes nothing.

Al takes a moment to stretch and yawn after the long train ride. However, this ritual is interrupted when he notices the strange talk of the people in the station. He looks around to see who was speaking, just as Rose speaks up. Al turns to her with a surprised expression; “The dead don’t come back to life… But there’s definitely something strange happening here if people think they are… We probably should take a look.” Assuming Al can find the person who was talking about it in the first place he asks them “Excuse me, what was that you said about the dead coming to life?” otherwise he suggests they try to find the inn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The old man shys away.*

"I don't know, just something I heard about this place...the dead walking--I'd stay away..."

*And he backs off warily.*

unleashed

First Post
“Please sir, we’ve just arrived, and it seems we’re going to have to stay for a while as we wait for our train... so if you could tell us what to avoid, it would be most helpful,” Rose says gently, stepping towards the man a serene smile on her face.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al looks at Rose with a puzzled expression, "He wasn't very helpful, well maybe we should just see for ourselves. We should probably try to find an inn anyway." he finishes, glancing at the darkened sky.

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, I suppose we will,” Rose replies, as she watches the old man walk away, “though perhaps someone in the village will be able to tell us more. Let’s look for an inn first though, Al,” she adds, glancing at the darkening sky as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The pair heads out towards the village in the deepening darkness, first taking a horse and buggy a short while that is headed their way to a nearby farm, and later walking the short stretch towards the village. As they walk along the quiet dusty path, is it their imagination, or do they hear something moving out there?*

*As they continue onward, there is a burst of bright flames of various colours that explode just off to the side in a flash of light, illuminating several human-shaped figures in the darkness.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases