Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al feels a bit embarrassed as he explains what he's been told by Rose and Winry, but is mostly just excited to have met someone who knew him and his brother from before.

“So we have met! Well, you see... er... Before, my brother, he, er well before my soul was attached to this suit of armor, but then well, I became the philosopher’s stone… and, but I somehow got used up and my brother he did something… and brought me back, but I lost my memory of everything from when my soul was in that armor… Uh….” He looks at Rose somewhat desperately.

unleashed

First Post
“Don’t worry Al, you’re doing fine,” Rose assures him, smiling and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. “As I understand it, when Ed brought Al back, he was returned to his younger self... seemingly before the time his soul was attached to the armour. I don’t know if that’s what Ed intended, as we haven’t seen him since, but for all intents and purposes it appears Al never experienced those years.”

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...that seems so strange. Where is Edward these days? Anyway, this doesn't sound like something we should be discussing in front of the children--come on boys, you've got the fireworks all set up, I'm sure. Time for you all to go back home to your families."

*They nod and head off, heeding the young woman. She turns to Al and Rose.*

"Come on, now. You two look like you could use some supper, and we can talk more about what happened...it sounds strange."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al turns to Rose and nods as he starts to follow their 'new' aquaintance. Answering her earlier question about Ed he says, "Well that's the thing, my brother disapeared, just vanished, Rose and I are going to Central to see if we can find something in the libraries there that might help us find him with alchemy. The train to Central isn't due to come for a while though so we were going to the town to find an inn when those kids came up to us talking about ghosts, heh. So how is it you knew my brother and I?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Fifteen years ago...he saved my life. You both did," Claus says simply as they walk along the path, "Back then I was just a little girl, a tomboy even after my sister's death. The alchemist who lived here, Majihal...we thought he was protecting our village, but he was kidnapping girls to use with soul binds..."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al stares at Claus in aghast disbeleif, "That's- That's terrrible! Alchemists are supposed to help people! Why would he do something like that?! What... happened? I mean, did he try to do it to you too?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Majihal transmuted a sword to attack Edward, and Edward deflected the sword, impaling and killing the corrupt alchemist..."

"But I learned from Edward, and from you, that alchemy should be used to help people. That's why I became an alchemist too, to help people."

*They continue along the path, her lantern light shining ahead and illuminating the outlines of buildings in the distance as they approach the village.*

unleashed

First Post
Sensing Al’s discomfort, Rose quickly changes the topic, “So what are these rumours of walking dead, curses, and ghosts all about?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Nothing more than rumours," Claus waves the hand not holding the lantern dismissively, "It would be silly to believe in that kind of thing...Of course, even stories like those are grounded in reality. When I was at my sister's grave back then, fifteen years ago, I thought I saw a dead girl back to life, but it was...it was someone, probably my sister even come to watch me, soulbound to a doll of that dead girl who wasn't even dead..."

"This time, it seems more like wild rumour, but then, a few of the older folks swore they saw Majihal again. It was likely just someone who looked similar--if Alphonse walks around the village, they'll likely have deja vu and think it is Edward in a similar way."

*They arrive at one of the houses.*

"Ah, here we are. The alchemist who saved our village is always welcome here, and your lady friend too," Claus unlocks the door and sets the lantern on a table, gesturing them in, "Here, take a seat--you must both be tired."

Remove ads