Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The little girl has stopped whimpering and is staring directly at Alphonse now.*

"Mommy...he doesn't look like an Alchemist. He just looks like a boy," she whispers, "Are you sure he's mean?"

*The woman eyes him suspiciously, but continues to hold her daughters to her, irrationally emboldened by a possible threat to her children.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al sighs, unable to see any way to convince the woman of his intentions. "Well, I see that you're safe, I'm sorry for barging in on you." Al turns away and goes back to the door where he reattaches the bar holders to the wall and then leaves, closing the door behind him. He walks out into the midle of the road and just stands there for a moment, with no idea what to do. Finally he simply starts walking among the houses looking and listening for anything suspicious.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"That's odd. I did hear about how the Fullmetal Alchemist killed the wicked Majihal though and saved Claus. She told that story to us all the time before she began to grow more distant and stick her nose in the books, rather than hanging out with us boys and roughhousing. I still heard Karin died a long time ago in a rockslide though. Maybe it's just somebody else using that name."
“Perhaps it is, but with Alchemy much is possible, and the woman’s face did seem too flawless to be real...”

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No biggy--there may be not much left to do here now but pick up the pieces, sleep, and catch the next train)

"Well, I don't know much about Alchemy, so I can't say..." the young man replies.

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, well I suppose you wouldn’t at that,” Rose replies, “Well, let’s get Claus’ father and return to the graveyard then.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Just so you guys don't think I've let this game drop, I haven't the issue is that you guys through some clever roleplaying managed to avoid a big fight, so you're way ahead. Hopefully the other group will catch up)

*Al looks around for anything suspicious, not initially finding anything nearby but continuing his search around the village.*

*Meanwhile, Rose and the innkeeper's son go to find Claus's father, who is back in his home. He looks crestfallen at the news.*

"My daughters...you were all I had left, and now both of you are gone...Oh Claus! You're not supposed to let your old dad outlive you! Now what do I have left?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
(OOC: I don't mind, with your post count I wasn't too worried that you'd flake out on us.)

Al wanders for a while until he realizes that he is on the other edge of town. After a long pause he decides to head back to the graveyard, depressed and exhausted.

unleashed

First Post
OOC: No concerns here, I know how much you want to run this game. :D

“I don’t know sir. The best I can offer is that you could try to continue her work, helping those around you. I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to help, as you know your capabilities far better than I, but you could do far worse than studying Alchemy as Claus did.”

*Rose steps forward and takes Claus’ fathers hands in her own, before she continues.*

“Now, I know this will be hard, but we thought we should ask. Would you like to come with us to bury Claus? It won’t be a pleasant sight, but we thought you should have the choice to be present or not.”

Remove ads