Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

unleashed

First Post
*Pleased to be speaking with someone who’s actually listening, Rose briefly recounts their encounter with Karin to see if she can convince him that the woman does actually exist.*

“Oh, there is a Karin, believe me, we just don’t know whether she told us is the truth or not. You see, she claimed she was there when Majihal died fighting Edward Elric. That’s Al’s older brother. She also claimed that Ed murdered Majihal, though Claus told us he was just defending himself. Anyway, so when we went in to investigate the light, she attacked Al, thinking he was Ed... Al does look a lot like Ed did then... so I guess I believe her, as her hatred seemed quite... real.”

*She shudders with the last word, before pausing to consider the young man’s question.*

“Well, if she is gone, perhaps she finally got whatever she was after here... from Claus... though I wouldn’t be too certain she’s gone for good yet.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That's odd. I did hear about how the Fullmetal Alchemist killed the wicked Majihal though and saved Claus. She told that story to us all the time before she began to grow more distant and stick her nose in the books, rather than hanging out with us boys and roughhousing. I still heard Karin died a long time ago in a rockslide though. Maybe it's just somebody else using that name."

Dire Lemming

First Post
He knocks again, this time harder. "Hello? Is everyone alright in there?" If he does not hear an afirmative answer he'll simply transmute the lock off the door and open it.

(OOC: Or by barred did you mean that there is literally a bar across the door? In that case Al will simply tranmute the thingymabobbers holding the bar in place off the wall. :) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Bar on the inside)

*There is no response, but as Al transmutes the bar to open it, there are screams on the inside and a little girl's voice shouts "Mommy, the Alchemist is coming to get us!" along with the sound of hurried movement.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al grimaces as he realizes that the people were cowering from him. As he hears what he assumes is them fleeing further into the house he opens the door and says "No wait, I'm not going to hurt anyone! I'm not the one- Look, this is all a big misunderstanding."

(OOC: oh brother, I make little girls scream just by talking. :\ )

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The people don't seem to have listened to him, and it seems they did indeed flee farther into the house. Despite probably trying to be quiet, the little girl is whimpering audibly, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al advances a bit towards the sounds of whimpering, feeling quite terrible at the thought of invoking terror in small children simply by the sound of his voice. "It's not what you think, I'm not the one behind the disapearances. It's a woman named Karin, and I think she might have come here. Please, I need your help to find her before she kills anyone else."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*There is no reply, but Al sees the source of the whimpering easily enough, a mother and two daughters, hiding behind a bed. The mother is hugging her girls tightly and trying to cover the mouth of the younger, but it clearly isn't working well enough.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al looks at the trio huddling in fear of him and can't help but feel guilty despite being blameless. He almost wants to run away, to keep from feeling like this, like some sort of monster. "Please don't be scared of me. I'm not the bad guy. I..." He trails off at this point, unable to think of any more words.

Remove ads