• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

unleashed

First Post
“Listen to your son, you pigheaded man,” Rose says, barely containing her frustration as she steps in front of the innkeeper, “he’s the only one of you talking any sense at all.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Beh, he's just being a loony on account of that girl. Well, I'm not backing down, but if you guys are too scared to defend yer loved ones, then go home and hide and see if I care," the innkeeper announces bravely.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"That's it, we don't have time for this! I'm going back to the village, if Karin is kidnapping children thenl now would be the perfect time for her to try it again. I'm not letting her kill anyone else!" with that, Al runs off towards the village without a backwards glance.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Al quickly reaches the village, where nothing out of the ordinary appears to be happening.*

(OOC: I'll wait to see if Rose is following and, if so, how quickly, but I'm guessing she may want to let at least some of them out, so Al might be able to do something else)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al slows down as he reaches the village and it dawns on him that he still has no idea how he's going to find Karin. Then again, if all the men in the village are awake it stands to reason that their families would be as well, he'd definatelly have a much easier time finding her with help. He aproaches a nearby house and knocks on the door, calling out, "Hello? Please open up!"

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Al quickly reaches the village, where nothing out of the ordinary appears to be happening.*

(OOC: I'll wait to see if Rose is following and, if so, how quickly, but I'm guessing she may want to let at least some of them out, so Al might be able to do something else)
*Rose reverses her wall transformation, releasing the men as Al runs off.*

“Al’s right, if Karin is still looking to kidnap others, then she might be taking this opportunity to do so. So I’d advise you to return to your homes and check on your loved ones.”

*If the men leave and she doesn't need to defend herself, Rose then slowly lowers the innkeeper to the ground, before completely reversing Al’s transformation as well... a content smile on her face.*

OOC: The innkeeper's son doesn't have to leave for the second part to happen. ;)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*After Rose undoes the box, the crowd basically disperses, and the innkeeper's son disappears into the old house.*

*When the innkeeper hits the ground, he scowls at Rose's content look, but then he just sighs and heads back, defeated, but without anyone to see him back down and thus encourage him to keep up his tough-guy act.*

unleashed

First Post
*Once the innkeeper heads off, Rose goes into the house to look for his son... intending to show him where Claus’ body is if he hasn’t found it yet.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Al knocks on one of the barred doors, there is no response, though he can hear the sound of frightened people huddled up inside.*

*Meanwhile, Rose heads inside the house along the path to Claus's body. The innkeeper's son is already there when she arrives, sobbing over the desiccated corpse.*

unleashed

First Post
*Moving up next to the boy, Rose begins to stroke his head soothingly, turning slightly towards him as she too looks down at the corpse.*

“That’s it, let it all out son, there’s no shame in crying... especially for those we love.”

Remove ads