Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It might be a tall tale, but if so, the speaker still believes it is true by now. Funny how our minds and memories play tricks on us sometimes.)

"If you want to stop the disappearances, it's simple--get rid of that creepy alchemist girl, who--"

"Stop da, it's not true. Don't say those things!"

"Hush up, lad. It's true. What else could it be? There aren't no such things as ghosts."

*The innkeeper takes Al's coin and fills a mug of ale for the young guest.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al takes the mug and thanks the innkeeper, saying "There are lots of other things it can be, besides, Claus wouldn't do such a thing. She was almost a victim too." He returns to the table at which the man who's daughter disappeared is sitting and puts his ale on the table cloth. "I need you to try to remember, did what you saw look anything like..." he knocks over his mug, spilling the dark liquid onto the tablecloth and claps his hands to gather, forming the sign of a circle. Placing his hands on the tablecloth the ale starts to die the cloth a darker color and it's edges start to flap in a strange breeze, Al lifts the tablecloth and the breeze pushing up it's sides makes it look as if it is levitating on it's own. "...this?"

OOC: Ok, so I don't know much about real physics and even less about chemistry but I figure what Al is doing is changing the air pressure around the table to create an updraft which makes the tablecloth start to lift, and then he holds it in place where he wants it. All I want to do is make the tablecloth brown and make it float and blow in a breeze.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No real-world physics or chemistry required--FMA is all pseudo-science anyways. If it makes sense and seems cool, you can do it. Just to note, you can't do slap alchemy on the tablecloth because it isn't stone or metal, but you can draw the circle with the ale like Marcoh did once with his blood, so you're good for a six-second circle deal)

*Al draws the transmutation circle and there is a flash of light as the tablecloth's colour changes and it begins to float menacingly.*

"What the? It's the ghost!"

"No it aren't. Too flappy, no substance. The ghost was a man, not a sheet!"

"So you're an alchemist too, newcomer? Hmm...were you going to pay for that tablecloth?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: This is getting very silly. I have no idea whether or not I'm completely wasting my time. :heh:

Al sighs, his trick does not seem to have had the desired effect. He lets the sheet drop back to the table. "It wasn't a ghost, just a tablecloth. See?" he turns to the grumpy innkeeper, "Oh yes, I'm sorry, I'll fix it right now." With that, he claps his hands together and touches the sheet, returning it to it's original color. Turning to the second drunkard he asks; "You said you've seen it but it was shaped like a man? Where did you see it and if it looked like a man what made you think it was a ghost?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It weren't a man, it was a ghost--no man walks the path to the graveyard at midnight, even if it did look like the blurry indistinct outline o'a man."

"It only looked like that because you couldn't see the cloaky sheet! I bet it has huge fangs too!" the other drunk responds

"See what you did, you're encouraging them, lad. Why don't you just let them forget their worries in their cups?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al turns to the barkeep, "Alright, I'm sorry, I'll go now. I just wanted to make sure that I learned everything I could. Whatever it is, it seems to appear at midnight, so I guess I'll just have to wait out there until then." He starts to leave, and then turns back, "Thank you for your time." he says to everyone he's bothered, before heading out the door.

Once outside he decides to head back to Claus' house first to tell her what he's going to do.

OOC: Heh, well this is why investigation got a low score.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: It might be a tall tale, but if so, the speaker still believes it is true by now. Funny how our minds and memories play tricks on us sometimes.)
OOC: Yes it might be, but my post was talking about tall tales in relation to lying, and Rose is happy that a tall tale isn’t being spun as a deliberate falsehood just for someone’s amusement. :p

*Rose smiles a little when Al raises his ghost, watching the reaction of all the patrons for some sign of recognition, before following Al from the room without a word when he leaves.*

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, let’s do that... though she probably does know... it’s sad to see a village turn on one of its own,” Rose remarks sorrowfully, pulling her cloak tight around her to keep in the warmth from the inn, as they head back to Claus’ house. “Are we really going back to the graveyard around midnight, Al?”

Remove ads