Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

unleashed

First Post
*Allowing Al to continue with his questioning, Rose silently watches the speakers to see if she can discover any falsehood in what is being said.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al frowns, this guy isn't in his right senses, still if he's seen whatever it is, maybe he can give some useful information. "Is there anything else you remember? Why do you think it was a ghost?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rose doesn't think anyone is lying, though they could always just be mistaken.*

"Cause it just kind of billowed in the wind and walked to the graveyard in the dead o'night," the drunk hiccups, "What else could it be?"

"Yeah, well I seen it too! It weren't no sheet, it was a man," another drunk says

"It was a sheet!"

"A man!"

"Yeah, what kind o' man?"

"I dunno. I didn't see it real good. Weren't a sheet though."

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Sorry I haven't posted, I looked at the thread a short while after the last post and decided to think about it for a while before I posted, but then I forgot.

Al sighs, it doesn't look like there is much he can learn from these two but it's not like he's got any better leads. "Are you sure it wasn't a man in a cloak?" Is Dorothea your daughter? How did she disapear?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well it looked like a sheet," the drunk mutters, "Yeah, Dorothea was my liddle girl. She just was gone that night, and nobody ever seen'er again. It must've been the ghosht!"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al nods, a pained expression on his face as the man speaks of his missing daughter, "I see, I'm sorry, I'll do everything I can to find her, but I need to know more. Is there anything else you can think of? Even something that might not seem important. Can you tell me where she might have been when she disappeared? When was the last time you saw her?" Al feels a bit guilty drilling the man with questions, but this is about his only lead so far and it’s to help him and everyone else in the village. If the man seems to be too inebriated to answer the questions Al will look around in an attempt to find a means to use alchemy to create a floating brown sheet in an attempt to scare the man sober and at the same time refresh his memory.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wh...I don't know. It was the ghosht...he took her," the man guzzles down some more ale.

*Al could try to transmute a tablecloth or a curtain into a floating brown sheet.*

"Hey, you boy--stop bothering the poor man. If you aren't staying and you don't want a drink, just get outta here."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al turns to the innkeeper, a frustrated look on his face. "Alright alright, I'll buy a drink. I'm sorry to bother your customers; I just want to get to the bottom of these disappearances. I don't believe in ghosts either but if people are disappearing then don't you think something ought to be done to stop it?"

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
*Content there are no tall tales being told, Rose continues to watch the mood of the room, trying to discern if anyone is interested in the conversation about the ghost, but is hanging back... perhaps afraid to speak up.*

Remove ads