Jedi Knight

Sir Pentor

First Post
I'm trying to come up with a good Jedi Knight class for dnd. My two thoughts are:

1) Use the Jedi from the Starwars D20 system. I don't have that book so I haven't been able to look into it--has anyone tried this?

2) Use a psychic warrior--that's deifnitely the closest thing. I seem to recall a thread going around where they talked about that--but this was like a year ago. Anyone remember what they came up with?

Any other ideas? Thanks:)

Crothian

First Post
Are you using the force in your games? Are you haveing the Jedi Code? Are they going to be protectors of the peace like they are in Star Wars? I ask becasue the father away from the Jedi you get the less important that the conversion is accurate.

hong

WotC's bitch
What exactly do you mean by a "jedi"? Do you mean a character who strives to uphold justice and order, by using the Force? If so, play a paladin. The Force is just Lucas' version of magic, and you don't need it if you already have six million other varieties of magic to choose from.

Or do you mean a character who gets to do all sorts of KeWL stunts like dueling with lightsabers, jumping off tall buildings, and bonking Natalie Portman? If so, play a fighter/monk, you fruckin' munchkin. :cool:

Sir Pentor

First Post
We don't use the force in our game, but I think mmy DM would be willing to let me introduce something. My characters typically live by a code of conduct--though I usually don't play a paladin because I don't like the heavy armor and dependency on a warhorse.

I'm basically looking for something that is stylistically similar to the jedi knight--lightsaber, tumbling, crazy-ass :):):):)e, but I *do not* want it to be over powered--that is a good way to make the game boring.

The fighter/monk idea is an interesting one, but I haven't seen that class combo make sense on paper. The fact that the fighter BAB can't be used for the monk's fast incremental attack rate makes it not that interesting. And they don't have an "magic".

One idea I had is to play a psychic warrior and then take Blade Dancer as a prestige class. This gives me enough feats to do something interesting, and I can certainly do insane tumbling, jumping, and movement things. I was just wondering if anyone had done something similar.

trentonjoe

Explorer
THere is a jedi knight PrC in the old conversion library. I have never played it but Ithought it looked neat. I'll see if I can find the a link.

trentonjoe

Explorer
THere is a jedi knight PrC in the old conversion library. I have never played it but Ithought it looked neat. I'll see if I can find the a link.

Zhure

First Post
- Use a psychic warrior (or a psion/fighter), specialize in shortsword then take the Soulknife PrC as soon as possible. Eventually it'll be a +5 weapon very similar to a lightsaber.

- Be a Samurai. They have Ancestral Weapon and bonus feats, plus better saves and skill points than a fighter.

- Be a Paladin. See if your DM will allow a different mount and make it Jar-Jar Binks. HEURGH. That was painful.

Greg

Crothian

First Post
OA has many prestige classes that are tumbling experts. The code of honor can be added to any character, so no need to have it buitl in. The sword stuff is finding the right magical item as long as you have the proper feats.

gamecat

Explorer
Or convince Gamecat to post his Sword Mage prestige class... Combines skill at arms with arcane might... Horrendously overpowered.

IMC the good ones act as kinda Jedi, Neutrals fight for the sake of the fight, and well, the evil ones are commited to destruction of all. Algebraically: A^2+S+M= Jedi: Alignment squared plus sword plus magic equals Jedi.

hong

WotC's bitch
Crothian said:
OA has many prestige classes that are tumbling experts. The code of honor can be added to any character, so no need to have it buitl in. The sword stuff is finding the right magical item as long as you have the proper feats.

Go the blade dancer, baby! Nothing comes close for acrobatic sword-swinging goodness. Your best bet is to take the martial artist, available here:

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/martialartist.htm
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ma_feats.htm

Multiclass with shaman or cleric to meet the spellcasting requirement, and away you go. Combine with the levelled weapons article from Dragon 289 to become truly one with your sword.

Zhure: so, tell me more about mounting Jar-Jar Binks.

Remove ads