Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia nods her head, a trace of smugness hovering about her features.

"As it happens, I do. I find it a useful spell for explorations. Even so, casting it on all of us would require me to expend all my lowest potentials. Not catastrophic, I suppose, but still inconvenient."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sandor seems quite charmed by the idea of jumping off this cliff, and offers to go first. He offers to carry his wolf and perhaps one other, if that makes things easier, but he does not know the way such magic works. His morning meditations grant him something different, and he knows it.

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus goes along with the groups plan and volunteers for first watch. After resting, he makes a small breakfast of hardtack. Before donning his armor, he goes through a series of calisthetic exercises for about 15 minutes. If asked about them, he looks down at the ground and replies that they were some of the morning exercises he had to do in school.

Fully dressed, he looks at his own length of rope and then again down the cliff. Sighing, he turns to Talshia "If you have magic that would magic our descent easier, I would suggest doing that instead of attempting the climb on our own. If not..." His words trail off as he indicates the path that they took up the mountain.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Abel rests in quiet meditation as the new day springs to life. He is concerned with the situation at hand, as the climb up was bad enough, and the idea of climbing back down again is forboding at best. He will, however, go with what the others decide to do, whatever that choice may be.

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia peers down the cliff, then says thoughtfully, "Of course...the spell will only cushion about three hundred feet of falling. These cliffs look quite a bit higher than that. I have a spell I could use to fly midway down and slow your falls as you passed... That would be a fair amount of magical energy spent on this though. And it is not completely free of risk."

She shrugs. "It depends on how badly we wish to approach from this direction. It IS unlikely that it will be closely watched, since the barriers to passage are so difficult here."

Falkus

Explorer
"That sounds ... risky," Seril commented, looking over the edge of the cliff, down to the ground, a long, long way down. "Can you guarantee it would work?"

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia flicks a hand in annoyance. "Guarantees are for merchants," she says. "The magic will work, yes. Will we make no mistakes? I cannot say. Will I be shot from the air, hovering there for all to see? Who knows? No, I cannot guarantee it will work. But if all goes well, there is no reason why it shouldn't."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Talshia, the decision is yours. It is your magic. But if we are not to pursue this option, we should be on our way. Tell us what you would have us do."

Sandor's words are even, but it is clear he is urging a decision. He has stopped smiling by now at the thought of falling 400 feet.

Remove ads