Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia's expression animates on seeing the spirit pole rearing upthrough the shrubs and trees. She stops at it long enough to copy down a quick sketch on a sheet of parchment, and replicate the symbols and runes that line its length on the same page. She studies the strange characters while the ink dries, but then quickly tucks the parchment away into her case to protect it from the moist, hot air.

Finally, at the mountainside, she takes the loss of the guide in stride, peering up at the rocky slope.

"Do you have a rope? That would make it easier on the rest of us," Talshia suggests.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I don't think I made it clear enough...you can continue down the gorge before you, as the guide indicated, or you can try climbing the mountain.

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: Well, we'll be less obvious if we climb the mountain, rather than walk in the front door.

"Of course," Tarial said, retrieving a long, silk rope from his backpack, as well as part of his climbing kit. "I'll go up ahead, and tie off the rope once I reach a suitable location."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sandor watches Seril, keeps an eye on how he uses space as he climbs. This is someone he may be fighting alongside before long. He sends his wolf on up the slope, expecting it to take a little bit longer, but not wanting it to get too far ahead of the group. Sandor himself will follow, hoping that he can make the climb without the aid of the rope, using his tail for balance, but proceeding alongside the others.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Abel is a little apprehensive abuot climbing the mountain; he's not the greatest climber and is encumbered with armor. He will, however, take a deep breath and say a quick prayer to Lathander before he grabs the rope and follows the rest of the group.

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus nods to Taril. "I'll be last man. I can climb, but with difficulty while wearing my plate." He nods again and checks back at the retreating guides as he lets everyone else go before him.

Voidrazor

First Post
Helios starts up the slope, positioned in the middle of the group. And while any complaints he might have are in an indecipherable mumble, he looks over at the gentle slope of the gorge often and longingly.

Rhun

First Post
The climb is not as bad as it would have first seemed. The trees here grow high, often towering over a hundred feet in hieght, and everything is draped with lianas, orchids, ferns and moss.

As reach the rounded top of the mountain, the trees drop away, leaving a dense covering of stunted bushes and tall bamboo cane, which slows you considerable. After chopping and tearing a path through, you are greated by an incredible site.

A rift has been torn into the mountain's top, and at the bottom several hundred feet below sits a ruined city. The cliffs are incredibly steep, leaning inward in places, and made up of crumbling rock. You can see rooftops and trees dotted around the rift floor, and what appears to be a swampy area and lake in the northeastern portion of the rift. You do not see any forms of life or movement below.

OOC: It looks as though the cliffs average 350-400 feet in height.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"As a group it would appear that we cannot proceed in this direction," says Sandor looking down on the Forbidden City below.

"But our jouney has had a purpose..." and with that Sandor begins to point at the outline of the city, laid out before him like a map, and he notes the major thoroughfares, any buildigs that seem larger or more intact, and any other architectural features he can identify fromthis position. He let's others supplement his observations -- Sandor is not a city-dweller by nature.

He also observes by which road they are likely to be approaching the city, based on where they were.

OOC: If casting Know Direction is going to be necessary to do this properly, that is fine, but he won't do it needlessly. I'm assuming this is the Forbidden City, and not a second lost city nearby! Are there indications of how recent this all was?

IC:

"Shall we make our way down?"

Remove ads