Best Tank build

Quartz

Hero
Ftr 2 / Pal 4 / Kt 4 / DD 10 = much nastiness. 124 HP base at L20: 204 with Con 18, 224 Defending. Add 100 HP for CON 28 (+4 in increases, +6 item). Good stats (in order) are Con, Str, and Cha.

IanB

First Post
I've been kicking around the idea of a knight/dwarven defender combination of some sort, but I haven't worked out a build.

RigaMortus2

First Post
I would like to vote for the Crusader as well. Also, try to get some Damage Reduction, it will help :)

Hmmm, Warforged (w/ Admantine Body) Crusader... Can they effectively heal themselves with their maneuvers? I think the limit on warforge healing is limited to the Conjuration (healing) sub school...

Particle_Man

Explorer
Crusader has an edge in toughness, but Knight has that "save or you must attack me, not my friends" ability which helps mitigate one of the major defects of most tank builds: That the bad guy simply ignores/avoids/goes around/over/under the tank and attacks the tank's squishier allies.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Particle_Man said:
Crusader has an edge in toughness, but Knight has that "save or you must attack me, not my friends" ability which helps mitigate one of the major defects of most tank builds: That the bad guy simply ignores/avoids/goes around/over/under the tank and attacks the tank's squishier allies.
Crusaders have plenty of maneuvers that correspond to that ability: ie Iron Guard's Glare is a 1st level stance that imposes a -4 penalty to attacking your allies. Between Devoted Spirit and White Raven, there's lots of stuff that give your enemies strong incentives to pay attention to the crusader rather than your chew-toy buddies.

Raspen

First Post
like the idea of a knight with goad, imp combat exp, allied defence from ShS

with good gear you can just bout never be hit

add resistence cloak and a spell strike weopen (waterdeep book) and you could get your saves up so you dont have to worry bout that eather

Remove ads