Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It is, but it is inside you, so it sees what you see and can't search other areas.

Everyone takes nonlethal damage from the cold--Trayah takes 6, Obscurity and Whinoah take 4)

*Backtracking all the way, they do not pass Obscurity's marked room, but when completely finished, they do wind up back in the first room, at least according to Lyssa.*

"There's a few other tests we can try, though they may put someone in danger--namely, sending people different ways and seeing if they meet back or having someone just stay here, or other such things."

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

OOC: That’s what I thought, as Trayah was just looking for another set of eyes so he didn’t miss anything. Though it ended up that everyone stayed together, so there were plenty of eyes looking at everything anyway. :lol:

“Yes, I’d already thought of that, but didn’t suggest doing so for exactly that reason after Rowanne’s little incident. Though it seems we have little choice now but to attempt something along those lines, unless we wish to spend an eternity we don’t have searching one passageway at a time. Now, who to send out at the least risk. I can banish a few more ice spirits yet, and have some spells that can hurt them... what about everyone else?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I have plenty of spell energies if necessary, though I'm trying to save them. I guess Rowanne does as well. Whinoah may just be able to flee from them."

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Well, I guess as many of us as possible should search then, while we have the chance to do so,” Trayah replies, looking at his companions. “So, if Lyssa is willing to stay here, alone, the rest of us can explore the passageways individually and flee back to her for aid if we are attacked... assuming we can return to this room by retracing our paths as we just did.”

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Okay, give it a try, Lyssa... seeing as you probably have the best chance of working out how to get back, if it doesn’t work as we hope.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lyssa heads off down a corridor. She reappears quite some time later from another corridor on a different floor.*

(OOC: Meanwhile, everyone takes nonlethal damage: 1 for everyone except Trayah, 6 for Trayah)

"Hmmm, we only got back here by coincidence last time. It seems that any eight paths will bring us back here, regardless of order."

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

OOC: Damned cold damage, Trayah feels it far worse again. You know you really should add something in the Lacerta racial description about the cold. ;)

“Well, that’s helpful, though I wonder if we’ll be able to return to tell everyone else if we can find a way onward,” Trayah muses. “I hope we can find a way to proceed shortly though, to somewhere far warmer too, as I fear I will soon slip into unconsciousness if this cold doesn’t abate soon.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Doesn't Rowanne have a Rope Trick spell? We can retreat into one of those and warm up if you need it. Meanwhile...I think that we need to think of something more methodical. Three flights of passageways with many paths each, multiplied by eight, or perhaps seven if the last one is superfluous, yields either 8 billion or nearly 209 billion possible pathways. Assuming that only one is correct, it will take us millions of years to brute force this."

Remove ads