Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Yes she does... so that solves that problem. Hrrrmm, well that sounds like it’ll take far too long, plus a trial based on dumb luck doesn’t seem like a proper test...”

*As he trails off Trayah tries to sense Arylyra, wondering if there is a stronger spiritual pull from coming from any particular passageway.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Trayah doesn't feel any particular pull. Considering that the passages don't seem to exist in any sort of normal spatial geometry, that isn't surprising.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, I do. This is clearly not a maze, as it is featureless. Therefore, it is not a matter of finding a path, at least not on the surface. It is probably a well-disguised riddle, either based on some sort of story or other text--perhaps one involving the four seasons on those doors from above--assumed to be known, or else based on drawing a diagram or spelling letters with our path by walking in certain directions, or perhaps a cryptagram via pathways, or even something involving the trials we just passed through where we have to combine our knowledge to proceed."

"If I'm wrong about that, it could also be that only the Shaman alone can proceed?"

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Indeed, I’ve thought of those options myself, as there are twenty-six entrances... perhaps we are meant to spell out Arylyra, as you said the eighth choice always brings us back here, and her name contains but seven letters. Though locating the start of the alphabet could be tricky if there is a strange pattern to it. Hopefully though, discovering where the alphabet starts and finishes will be as simple as starting to the right of each ramp and proceeding clockwise, before following the ramp upwards and continuing under the same premise... if it does not start at the passage we originally entered through.”

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Yes, I thought so too, but then the simplest answer is often correct. Whether it’s correct or not though we might as well try, as we’re not getting any closer by standing here.”

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lyssa nods. They follow the path ascribed by Trayah, and they find themselves before a huge double-door covered completely in ice and thus seemingly impassable.*

(OOC: Rowanne takes 1, Whinoah 2, Trayah 3)

Remove ads