Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

OOC: Thanks. ;)

“Well, it seems the simplest answer was correct after all,” Trayah declares. “Hrrrmm, I wonder if a wall of fire will melt all that ice... I’ve never seen so much frozen water before, so I don’t know how much heat it will take.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'd say it is possible, but I don't have a Wall of Fire at my disposal to test that theory. Frankly, it seems odd that this is so frozen over...and that this was so simplistic. My guess is that perhaps there used to be more to this trial but that it became ruined by all this ice."

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“It does seems a little easy, especially after what the spirit said. Hrrrmm, perhaps the Lord of Winter has gained some measure of control here after all this time, and wishes to make it as easy as possible for those seeking Arylyra to reach and release her, thus releasing himself. As for the wall of fire, that I have myself...”

*Now they seem to be out of the passages, Trayah tries again to sense Arylyra.*

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Hrrrmm, that’s not good. The Lord of Winter may have escaped Arylyra’s grasp or nearly so, as she seems quite weak if it was even her I sensed...”

*Gesturing for everyone to move back, Trayah casts his wall of fire, to melt the ice which is holding the doors.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The wall of flame melts the ice away from the door as well as some of the other ice in the passageway. It even provides respite from the cold, which seems to be getting worse.*

"Well, that appears to have done the trick. Shall we proceed?"

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman (48/57 hp, 24 nonlethal damage, AC 21/12 touch)

*Trayah casts cure light wounds on himself, before heading towards the doors.*

“A pity the wall didn’t provide enough heat to warm us up a bit, but let’s get through the doors before they refreeze. Perhaps then we can think of resting in one of Rowanne’s rope tricks to recover from the cold.”

[SBLOCK=OOC]Converting detect evil for cure spell.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Trayah recovers up to 11 HP, assuming he is missing that much that can be healed without warming up more)

"Very well, let us go through the doors. There seems to be a planar vortex there, so perhaps we will get out of the cold."

Remove ads