E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy, who is usually happy to spend time meeting people, and chatting, is very disturbed by the news of her home city.

"Did you hear what that guy was saying?" she asks the others. "The Admiral of Monemvassia, Antoine Jara, is my father. They're saying he was assassinated months ago!" Percy, who usually has impecable grooming habits, begins chewing on her nails. "I'm sure its not true. He's a very capable man, surrounded by loyal guards." she pauses. "Oh! What if they really did kill my daddy!" Percy collapses into Gorefoots arms and bawls.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Monemvassia... good memories :D If you are curious about my encounter, just take a look in this page. [/SBLOCK]

Ridik listen with only an hear to what they are telling. The tournement didn't intereest him much and he never have been to Monemvassia. But when he see Persephone reacion to teh news, he stop to write and stare a moment at the sorceress. He seems to do a movement foward, as if he was about to tell something but finally return to his annotations.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars's heart aches for the poor sorceress, but he has no idea what to say. Mentally cursing himself for a fool, he stands and gapes for a few moments before mumbling, "Oh, er, Percy. I'm, er, sorry," before immediately blushing and turning away. I'm just no good at this sort of thing.

Dalamar

Adventurer
As he hears that Persephone's father has died, the half-orc pats the human on the shoulder, wordlessly congratulating her for most likely gaining an inheritance. Some might mistake the gesture for one of condolense, though.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Very little details can be found from the merchant who brought news from Monemvassia. But apparently there was a plot by assassins to kill both the Admiral and the Prince. The Prince escaped with his life thanks to adventurers, but unfortunately they were only brought in to investigate after the loss of the Admiral.

(ooc: oh man I knew you wanted to head to Monemvassia for something there, but I didn't clue in to the fact that Percy didn't even know yet. It ties in with some of the other plot points I've got in store though.)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy eventually dries her eyes. She smiles at her friends, impressed that even Rodimus showed some sympathy. :lol:

"I have to go back to Monemvassia and find my mom and little brother Ajax. Gilran only knows where my older brother Julian is. With my hat of disguise and invisibility spell, I shouldn't have any trouble sneaking in and seeing them. It is quite a trip, though. I suppose we should head on the way we're going. I'll probably stay for our battle at Gemhold, then leave and keep heading NorthWest afterwards."

She knows Gorefoot has lost much more than his father. He has lost his entire clan. It could be worse, she comforts herself.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik stop to write and look at Percy. He put down his book and stands up. As he come next to the young princess, he tell her. "Monemvassia? I heard at di Senzio's magical shop that two wizards have open a tower there. I would like to make a visit, I think they allow access to people for a fee. It would be a nice thing to gather more information that I could scribe and send to my monastery to complete there collection. If you want some company upt o there, I could come with you, and we could also speak along teh way about other arcana concept. You can decline my offer, I would understand. I also know that my size might slow you down too and you must be eager to learn what happen, but if the way is long, you might prefer to travel in company."

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot does his best to console Percy. When she mentions going to Monemvassia, he furrows his brow for a moment. "If this is something you need to do Percy, then let's do it. We can get to Gemhold later. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer."

OOC: Ultimately, this is probably up to Erekose13, as he's the one who has to come up with the plot. I'm fine with doing Gemhold first, and Monemvassia later, or vice-versa.

Manzanita

First Post
"Thanks, Fondar. We can do them both together. For now, we should just keep going. Monemvassia is far to the Northwest. We'll just keep going the way we are going, which will bring us past the nomads, hopefully. We can decide what to do as we travel." says Percy.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Looks like we are a go for Gemhold still. Was there anything else that you wanted to do while in the camp. If so let me know.

The night passes quietly and in the morning the merchants extinguish the large fire and pack up their gear. Most of them are travelling either to or from Orussus and Fallon. Another day or so on the road and the group decides it might be time to journey north into the wild plains south of the forests. The second night is not as accomodating as the first as there is no merchant caravan at that stop. There is however a patrolled rest area where the Roadwardens have set up a firepit and the like. After this however the group will be in the wild and loose even these minor comforts (as well as the safety the Roadwardens provide).

Remove ads